Ringo

*Ringo Starr*

The morning couldn't have been crazier. John was acting up, George knew something we didn't, and Paul was oblivious to the situation.

"So, what really is up with John?" George's eyes got wide.

"Uh, how sh-should I know? He's been acting different all week, you know?" He looked back down at his plate. I knew he was hiding something. Whether George believed me or not, I knew when he was hiding something.

I rested my hand on his shoulder. "George, I know there is something you're not telling me," I looked where Paul had been sitting across from me, "You're not telling any of us. I can see it in your eyes. Your reaction to Paul's concern. George, I see it in you. So, please. It'll make you feel better."

He looked at me quickly before turning away, "It's not about me. It's not my problem. It has nothing to do with me. I can't be telling everyone."

This was something I had really loved about George. He knew what he could say and couldn't say. He never spoke for others if the others did not consent to it. He was not one to talk about others. I took my hand off his shoulder and left it alone. I was worried about John. We were all best mates and we looked after each other. I knew George knew that too. This is why he wasn't saying anything.

I continued to eat my food and went into deep thought. Recently, I had been a little confused about myself. I had many questions. I suppose it started when I joined the group; when I met George Harrison. He had a contagious laugh and smile. His hair looked great in any style. I felt rather happy around him. He was that kind of person. The kind that you want to be around.

"Ringo, can I ask you something?" This question startled me a bit, as it broke my train of thought.

"Uh, of course Georgie, what's up?"

"Have you ever felt...like you didn't know yourself as well as you thought?" It had been as though he had read my thoughts. In fact, I was convinced he had.

"Why do you ask?"

He sighed deeply. "I've just...been thinking lately."

"Have you now? About what?" I smiled.

"About myself. Who I am. What I am. I've been...," he took a deep breath, "I've been confused."

This took me a little bit by surprise. "Confused? About yourself? Anything I can do to help?"

He looked into my eyes, deeply and sincerely. "Yes actually...there is one thing."

Before I could reply, George had his hands on my cheeks, pulling me close into a passionate kiss. I didn't move for a few seconds; it stunned me! But the touch of his soft lips on mine was so incredible. The way our lips moved in sync felt so right. I ran my fingers through his soft hair, wishing the moment would never stop. But it did, soon after he pulled away and looked down. I took the time to catch my breath, but keep looking at his face. I licked my lips, trying to understand what had just happened.

He began to stand up, turning to me when he was behind his chair. "Thank you." He said, and walked back to his room.

I followed him, grabbing hold of his arm when I caught up to him. "George, are you confused...because of me?" He stroked my cheek with his thumb. I didn't move realizing how much I needed his touch. How great his touch made me feel. I needed him. I couldn't believe I hadn't realized completely, but this is why I felt happy around him. I needed him with me.

He brought his hand down to his side and smiled, "I suppose I was. But now I'm sure." His smiled quickly faded after he said those words, and he turned his face away from mine, "I'm sorry. You probably think I'm a freak."

I couldn't help but smile at his insecurity, "If you're a freak, then so am I." I pulled him in this time, giving him a reassuring kiss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Just short updates, I know. The next one will be longer, I promise! I've been planning it for a while now :) I am starting volleyball camp this week though. Then, volleyball practices next week. So, It might take a while...but it'll be good!!