You've Got Love

*John Lennon*

The night went by fast, and soon it was morning, and I was getting dressed to see Mimi. It was, well, terrifying. I had gotten the impression that Mimi was having quite the difficult time accepting who I was.

Then again, so was I. Because even after all this time, and everythinf that has happened, I didn't feel queer. Not for anyone else. Just Paul. Only Paul. There would never be anyone else, I don't think.

We walked up to the front door. Once again, I was nervous. And, once again, Paul rung the doorbell instead of me.

This time, however, we were greeted by a much less excited Auntie. This Aunt had done a lot of thinking. She looked exhausted and out of place.

"Boys, come in." Her voice was quiet and soft. We walked in quietly, much less exciting than the first time around. We took our shoes off, and followed her into the living room. We sat down, and didn't say a word. She looked at me, thinking.

I looked away; I looked at Paul. He was looking at the floor, probably feeling as nervous as I was.

"Well," We both jumped slightly when we heard her speak, "I've been doing a lot of thinking, as you can imagine."

I nodded, as did Paul, without saying a word.

"The day you told me, I was left in utter shock. I needed some time. I didn't know what to think of it, or to even began to think of it. I never really believed it would happened, honestly.

"I didn't leave the house yesterday. I spent all of the day thinking, and trying to tell myself that it was okay. That John was still John, that Paul was still Paul, and that these boys were still as brilliant as ever.

"I'd be lying to myself if I said it wasn't obvious. But, like I said, I didn't think it would actually happen. Yet again, he we are."

Paul sat uo, and cleared his throat, "Um, Mimi, I would like to thank you for your kind words. I would also like to thank you for staying calm throughout all of this. You have by far taken it much better than my father, who took months to finally talk to."

Mimi smiled, as did I. I was glad it was Paul sitting next to me.

"Now, as for what I have been thinking: At first, I thought it must've been some kind of joke. Of course, I don't mean to offend you, but I just...I never thought you would...um, well, I never thought it'd happen.

"I thought about everything you've accomplished. Everything you have actually been through together, and everything you have yet to achieve. I thought about your success and how you have been pursuing your dreams together, never letting a thing topple any of it.

"Finally, after pacing back and forth, I sat down, and made my decision." Her voice suddenly became firm as she stood up and walked towards us, and I flinched slightly. Yes, Mimi was only getting older, but she never failed to have power over me.

She lifted her hand, then her whole arm. Then she lifted her other arm.

"You're still the same sweet boys to me." She wrapped her thin arms around the both of us, and held on tightly. I held on back, less tightly, but strong enough.

"Thank you. Thank you so much," I whispered, keeping my arms around her small frame.

She let us go, and we all sat back in our spots again. Paul looked up at me, and placed his hand on mine.

"I told you it'd be okay," He said, holding on tightly to my hand.

I smiled, "Thank you."

-*-