Back In America

*George Harrison*

I woke up quite early the next morning. Though it was early August, the morning sky looked beautiful. The birds chirped, and the sun shines brightly as it continued to rise.

I sat up in my bed. There was a different kind of silence in my house today. Though it was usually silent, and I had grown use to it, and most days I loved it, today it had a different feeling around it.

I got out of bed and grabbed a t-shirt for the time being. As I walked to my kitchen, I realized I had dishes that hadn't been washed. I could almost hear my mother talking in my head.

"George, they'd be washed if you were married already."

I rolled my eyes to myself, and grinned. Oh, If only you knew, mum.

Then I stopped walking, and held onto the counter.

"She didn't know," I said. I sighed and cursed to myself. How could I have forgotten!

Almost on cue, a rather scary coincidence, my phone rang, and it was none other than my mum.

"Hello George! We'd like to see you before the band goes back to America. How about you and the boys come by? I'd love to see you all!" My mum had always been supportive of our band. She loved the lads, and she was always asking all of us to go see her.

"Yes mum, that sounds great. I'll get me mates together and we'll be over this afternoon, yeah?"

"Oh, perfect! We'll all be expecting you, so please do come."

"Why wouldn't we?" I laughed. As much as she loved the band, she was always afraid the lads didn't like her, or found her bothersome. "We'll be there, I promise."

"Alright! I'll be expecting you boys, then. I love you, George. See you very soon!"

"Love you too, mum. See ya."

I hung the phone back up, and quickly made my way back to the kitchen to make a hurried breakfast.

As soon as I was finished, I called Ringo. Our conversation wasn't very long, as he was already out of bed and apparently dressed as we spoke. The only ones I'd had to hope weren't already doing anything were John and Paul.

" 'ello." Paul answered.

"Hey Paul. Me mum really wants to see us all, and wants all four of us to meet at her house."

"Really? Good, I mean that sounds great! I love your mum's cooking!"

"Yes me too," I scratched my head, "Eh, is John with you?"

"No... Why?" I frowned. I was hoping he'd save me a phone call.

"Oh, it's just you're always together. I'll call his home."

"We are not always together. And you better hope he's awake if you're calling him, then." Paul said, chuckling on the other side of the line.

"You're right. I'll ring him anyway."

We said goodbye and I hung the phone up, only to pick it up to talk to John and Ringo again.

"Your parents, eh? Sure, I'll be there," John had said.

"Oh, that sounds fun! Yeah, I'll be there! See ya then!" Ringo had said.

I got ready much quicker than I would've otherwise, and drove over to my parents' home. I hadn't even gotten out of my car and I could smell the delicious smell that was my mother's cooking. I got out of my car as Paul drove up, John and Ringo with him. I smiled, waving at the three.