Maybe, Maybe Not

*Paul McCartney*

No. That didn't happen, did it? Another slip up. Of course. Is this how everyone was going to find out these days? I sat down on the floor, putting my face in the palms of my hands with frustration. No way this one would be easy. No way she'd be okay with it now. She saw.

"Come on, Paul. It's alright," John said, tugging at my arm. I looked up at him. How could he be so calm? He had it worse than me!

"John, it's not okay." I stood up, turning my gaze to the bottom of the stairs, trying to decide if I wanted to go up and talk to Cynthia. Oh, God knows I am beyond embarrassed right now.

"Paul. Stop that. I'll go talk to her, you stay here."

"I don't think so, John. I am coming with you." I started walking towards the stairs.

"Uh...so, I think we're just going to go now..." George said from the door. I looked in his direction, and nodded. I also noticed it was awfully dark outside. Maybe I hadn't realized how late it really was.

"See ya then," Ringo said. John and I waved goodbye, as they closed the door behind them. I turned to John again.

"Come on. Who knows how she's feeling right now."

"Probably really shitty..." John whispered as we stepped up the stairs. I was too nervous to react to his words. I just couldn't believe that had happened.

We reached the bedroom door. I leaned on it carefully. It was silent, besides just a quiet, relaxed breathing.

"She sounds alright," John whispered, almost inaudibly. I nodded, not wanting to make noise. "I'll go in first, Macca," John said. I held my breath as he opened the door. I hadn't been so nervous in a while. John entered the room, not closing the door behind him completely. I stood still, and listened to everything.

-*-

*John Lennon*

I entered the room, feeling all my nerves creep up at me at once. Of course I was nervous, I just didn't want to show Paul. He was a nervous-wreck as is.

"Cyn?" I unintentionally spoke quietly. She looked up, no smile, but no glare. In fact, it was as if it hadn't affected her. "Are you alright?"

She nodded, turning her attention back to the wall in front of her. She was not okay. I walked closer to her, until I was at the bedside, and crouched down to her eye level.

"It's probably the most bizarre thing you've ever seen, isn't it...?" I was trying to get her to say something, anything at this point.

She sighed, and shrugged her shoulders, never taking her eyes off the wall. I sat on the ground.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She finally looked at me, and nodded.

"What about Paul? Has he left?" She asked, her voice still calm.

"No, He's outside the door."

"I think he should join this conversation." She looked at the door. I nodded and stood up, walking towards the door. I opened the door to find a much more nervous Paul than I had last seen.

"Come in, lad," I said. He nodded, and slowly stepped into the room. He was very quiet for a moment, before he started his nervous rambling.

"Look, Cyn. I'm sorry. Honestly, I think it's better if I leave and well, maybe we made a mistake, but I can go home and rethink everything, hopefully you don't hate me. I promise I don't hate you..."

Cyn noticed Paul started to ramble, and a slight smile formed on her face, "Paul,"

"...in fact, I think you're a wonderful woman. I hold nothing against you, though it must seem like it, but I don't..."