I Need You

The late days of February were coming by. The boys had began the filming of Help!, among other things. The boys were allowed the day off in London; filming would resume the next day.

"Guess what?!" John came bursting through the door, closing it quickly behind him.

Paul sat up from his nap, woken up after being startled, "What?? What is it?!"

John sat down next to him and patted his head, "Keep it to yourself, Macca," John said laughing, and revealing a small plastic bag from his coat.

Ringo's eyed widened, "John, is that--"

"What in the bloody hell, John!" Paul said, backing away from him.

"Try it," John encouraged. He extended his arm to bring the bag closer to Paul. Paul scrunched up his nose.

"John, I don't think we should," Paul sat up away, taking the bag from John's hand. John smiled, and shook his head.

"Oh, Paul. It's wonderful. It makes everything go away. I didn't feel a damn thing." John looked at the other two, who were looking at the bag in Paul's hand.

"It's wouldn't hurt to try it, I suppose," Ringo said, earning a nod of agreement from John.

"Eh...what does it do, exactly?" George said, hesitantly. He, too, didn't think this was a good idea.

John thought for a moment, "That's a good question, George. Only, it's quite difficult to explain it. You'll just have to try it." John smiled, and nodded towards Paul.

Paul bit his lip, looking down at the drug in his hand, "It smells awfully terrible, Johnny."

John nodded, but continued to encourage Paul into trying.

Paul sighed, "Fine."

-*-

*George Harrison*

I walked into our usual meeting place on set, the last one of the group, and we waited for our instructions.

"Lads, over here!" Brian called from a across the set, and we walked to him. He hadn't been here for a large part of the recording, so it was good to see him show up.

"Bri, how good to see ya," Paul said, patting him on the back briefly. We all nodded to agreement.

"Good to see you too, boys. Heard filming has been successful thus far?" Brian leaned against the wall, his arms crossed across his chest.

"Yeah, we think it has, anyway," Ringo answered. Yeah, filming was going fine. Only, I didn't want to do that anymore.

"Good to hear. I'm here to simply tell you that you've got the next two days off. The staff is getting everything ready at the next locations. They've asked me to inform you. I'm sure you're glad to hear so." Brian smiled. Then he looked at us, a look of uncertainty, almost.

"Something wrong, Bri?" John asked. Brian looked up at him, and nodded.

"Come over here, all of you." He walked towards a private room, motioning us to following him with his hand. Once we were in the private isolation from the rest of the crew, Brian looked at me.

"Lads, I'd want to express my concern to you. Now, I really hope you don't hear me wrong, and think wrongly of what I'm saying, I just want to look out for you."

"Have we done something wrong?" Paul asked. I looked at him, and then at Ringo, who looked as if he had caught on to what Brian was talking about.

"No, no. I don't think you've done anything wrong. But, the rest of the world will." Paul's eyes widen at Brian's words, still not knowing what was happening.