Johnny's 24th

*John Lennon*

Of course, when things are good, something has to come by and ruin it. Not trying to be apprehensive, but that Jane character that keeps bothering Paul won't leave alone! And she's getting on my last nerve...

Alright, I may be a bit apprehensive to the situation.

But to tell you the truth, it has kept us closer. So, it hasn't been an entirely terrible situation.

It was October 9th, and here I was, sitting in my living room, wondering if I wanted to do anything or not.

It was my birthday. Paul had called this morning, asking if there was something I absolutely wanted. I may have given some suggestions, some that may or may not be available in the stores.

But that's beside the point.

"You know, I've got my eye on something for you. I just wanted to make sure you didn't want something else." I could hear people walking past him in loud conversation through the pay phone.

"I love anything from you, Paul. In fact, all you need you do is show up here, and I'll be happy." He couldn't see it, but I was sure he was smiling the nice shy smile he always showed.

"Oh, alright Johnny. I'm getting you a gift anyhow. But I'd love to celebrate along with you. Have you called the others?"

"Hmm, no. I didn't really think about doing anything. But, I suppose that'd be a great idea," I shifted my weight from my left to my right foot, and looked behind me. Though, if Cyn were to be walking behind me, I would've looked much more suspicious than I want to be.

"Alright. I'll see you soon, then. And expect a gift!" He sounded excited, and I laughed at the sound of his voice.

"Alright, suppose I'll have to then," I checked behind me again before speaking again, "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered into the phone, and it made me feel near him. His whisper was as sweet as ever. I may have groaned softly, because I heard his soft chuckle, "Easy there, John. You'll see me soon enough."

We said goodbye and I hung up the phone. As I started moving away from the phone, I realized I hadn't called the others, and did so.

-*-

George and Ringo arrived at the Lennon's household soon after John had called them. George walked in carrying a circle cake, decorated nicely and Happy 24th John written neatly in the middle.

"You didn't have to get a cake, George." John scratched the back of his head. He appreciated the gesture.

"What's a birthday without cake, John? Course we need a cake!" George hurried to the kitchen, briefly greeting Cynthia, and setting the cake on the counter.

"Oh, how nice of you, George. It looks very nice!" Cynthia carefully placed the cake on the tray.

"Paul isn't here yet?" Ringo asked. John shook his head, and began to wonder where Paul could be.

"No. Not yet."

Ringo nodded, and continued to help with anything else that needed to be done.

The doorbell rang not long after, followed by two small knocks.

Paul. John knew.

He hurried to the door excitedly, and opened it quickly. Paul took John in his arms for a tight hug as soon as the door open, making John stumble backwards a bit.

"Happy birthday, baby." Paul whispered and lightly kissed John's cheek.

John felt his body temperature rise, blushing and smiling like crazy.