You Are Perfect To Me

*Ringo Starr*

That night, George asked me to stay with him. I agreed, since I still had lots of questions. What was I doing? I'd never think I'd have feelings for my mate. Not for George, or any of them for that matter.

But there was something about him.

"Why so quiet, love?" George was sitting on his bed, as I was leaning against the wall by the door.

"Just thinking." I smiled, showing I was alright.

"Thinking about what?"

"About...us, I suppose."

He sat up straight, "Ringo, if you aren't comfortable, I completely underst-"

"No, it's not that." I kept my smile, walking towards him now, and sitting on his bed. "In fact, nothing has ever felt so right." I pecked his lips and watched his smile wash away his worried expression.

"Love, I'm sorry I startled you earlier. I couldn't find the words." He held my hands in his.

"The only reason you should feel the need to apologize would be if I didn't feel the same way, love." I squeezed his hands, "Now stop worrying and get ready for bed, Georgie. I'll be right back." I winked and stood up, making my way to my own room.

-*-

*George Harrison*

He was perfect. I don't know what made him so perfect. Maybe his flaws and imperfections ultimately made him perfect to me. Maybe the way he smiled and loved life. Maybe the way his eyes sparkled when we perform, and when we are all having fun on stage. Or maybe, now, the way his lips moved when we kissed; when he ran his thin fingers through my hair, and the way his bright pink cheeks stood out afterwards. I sighed and smiled. I suppose I really was in love with Richard Starkey.

It hadn't been long before Ringo came back, now out of his suit and in his pajamas. He smiled when he met my eyes, and sat on the small couch.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh, I just figured I'd sleep here...you know, to prevent inconvenience."

"Ha! Inconvenience? Get over here, Richie. You are sleeping with me." I opened my arms. He grinned widely and gladly received my embrace. I held him tight as he nuzzled his face on my neck.

"George, you really are something special, you know?" I felt his breath on my neck as he spoke, and, along with his loving words, sent a shiver throughout my body.

"I love you." I whispered in his ear, and he squeezed me tighter. After our long embrace, he laid back and pulled up the covers.

"Come here, love." I moved into his arms, laying down as he pulled me towards his warm body. My heart was beating so loudly, I was afraid he could hear it. At the same time, I didn't mind. We laid there, enjoying each other's company.

"George?" Ringo said, breaking the silence. I lifted my head up slightly, looking into his eyes.

"Yes, love?"

"I do still have questions, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind. Go ahead."

He sighed and looked up at the ceiling, "Why me?"

"What kind of question is that?" I could sense his insecurity.

"Well, actually, before we get to that questions, I want to know, when did you start feeling like this?" He turned to look at me now. I sighed and laid on my back, trying to think of the right words.

"Well, I can't really say. It was as surprising for me as it must've been for you. Something must've clicked when I met you."

"Oh." He was smiling now, looking back up at the ceiling.

"And why you?" I scooted up closer to his chest, "Why not?"

He looked at me again, "I just would've thought that if you were going to stop having an interest in girls, then you'd have an interest in...attractive men."

I raised an eyebrow, confused at what he had just said. He caught on that my confusion, and proceeded to explain.

"Out of everyone in the world, why me? I'm not even that great, love."

I sat up and took his hands, looking into his eyes. His insecurities have always been ridiculous to me.

"Oh, Ringo. I would never be able to feel the same with anyone else. I know we've only started today, but I'm excited for the wonderful journey that lies ahead of us. I want to go through this journey, with only you."

He looked at me and smiled slightly, but it faded instantly. I stroked his cheek with me hand.

"Ringo, I think you are absolutely perfect. What you feel insecure about does not bother me at all. In fact, I love your small gimmicks. Your eyes are lovely, your hair is soft, and your nose is adorable. Please, don't ever think that you are not good enough, because you are so much more than that. You are perfect to me, love."

He turned away, wanting to hide the tears that had slowly started to fall. I put a finger on his chin, and directed his head back to me. I wiped his few tears with my other hand, keeping my finger on his chin. I kissed his forehead, and then his lips.

"Why isn't everyone like you, love?" He managed to reply afterwards. I smiled and he opened his arms again, and I effortlessly took his embrace. I snuggled my face in his chest, feeling his every breath, and listening to his heart beat, as we fell into a deep sleep.