Family Is Family

The ride home was silent. John sat in the passenger seat staring out the window. Paul's dad now knew. Well, he didn't know everything, but he did know enough.

"So now what?" John asked once they had reached Paul's home. Paul sat still, putting his face in his hands in frustration.

"I don't know, John. I don't know." Paul leaned his head back on the seat, and closed his eyes, sighing loudly.

John looked out the window again, before opening the car door to walk out.

"I'll think it's better if I go home. Let you think about your situation." John sat before moving out of his seat.

"Our situation, John. You're involved in this just as much as me." Paul had opened his door as well, his hand on the door handle.

"Okay, okay, sorry love." John raised his hands up in defense, getting out the car and shutting the door. Paul got out as well.

"Don't go. I...uh...need you here. I won't be able to sleep if you aren't here." Paul bit his bottom lip, trying to hide the smile his mouth was forming.

John smiled, nodding his head, "Okay, let's go in. It's getting cold."

Paul nodded his head, "Good. I'll make us tea."

-*-

*George Harrison*

It was late that same evening when my phone started ringing. I rushed over to it, expecting it to be Ringo, or maybe one of the other lads.

"Hello?"

"Hi, George? It's Jim, Paul's dad."

My eyebrows raised in surprise, "Oh. Uh, hi Mr. McCartney. Congratulations on your marriage." I hadn't been so confused in a while.

"Yes, thank you," He sighed, "I was actually calling about a...much different situation."

"Uh...okay?"

"And you're probably very confused."

I chuckled lightly, "You have no idea. What's up?"

It sounded as though he was hesitant to talk now. I couldn't think of anything so difficult.

"Well, first, I wanted to asked about John." I blinked in confusion.

"Alright. What about John?" Why didn't he just ask Paul?

"Is his wife really out of town without him?"

"Yes. It happens quite often, actually, with us being busy and all." There must've been an interesting conversation today. I'll ask John later.

"Oh, of course. I should've known that."

"So, why do you ask?" I couldn't help but be curious about the situation.

He sighed, and I was now concerned. What had John done?

"Do you know anything about John and Paul?"

I felt a small shiver, and then the room got hot. John and Paul?

"Of course I know about them. They're my best mates. It'd be unreasonable to have best mates you don't know anything about, don't you think?"

"That's not what I meant." His voice was serious and stern. What did he know?

"Oh?" I didn't know how to answer him. What do I say?

"I meant, are they together? Is there something I should know? From what I saw today, they are either pretty crazy about each other, or just plain fools."