Don't Change Your Mind

It was June 2, 1964, and the lads had finally finished recording their newest album, A Hard Day's Night, that would accompany their upcoming film.

"Wonderfully done, lads! That's the last of the songs. Congratulations!" George Martin said from the studio. They were all smiling, which they had done a lot of recently.

"Thanks, Martin. We really do appreciate your help!" Ringo said, briefly removing his lit cigarette from his mouth to speak. The rest of the lads nodded, and said their "thank yous" as well.

"It'll be a big boost in your status. Especially since it is including a film, and originally written songs," Brian smiled proudly as he spoke from across the room, "What more could the fans want?"

Paul was the first to acknowledge Brian's question, and shrugged his shoulders as he grinned. He glanced at John, who was comfortably sitting next to him in an old chair, which squeaked from time to time. He was looking elsewhere, and Paul smiled at the wonderful sight of his, dare he say it, boyfriend.

The lads continued to talk and congratulate. All except Paul, who for some reason could not get into the conversations that he usually started. Boyfriend. Never in a million years had he ever thought of using the phrase for such a situation...or be in such a situation in general.

But he had stopped caring. The world didn't have to know, and while the world didn't know, the feeling was much more exciting.

John noticed that Paul wasn't engaging into the conversation, so he placed a hand on Paul's thigh and squeezed lightly. Because Brian and Martin were still in the room, Paul stiffened. He pushed John's hand away, nonchalantly nodding towards the two men who did not know about their little secret.

John frowned, but nodded. Paul had always worried, after all.

"I'm going out for a smoke," John announced. Everyone nodded, and John stood up. Paul stood up behind him.

"As am I," He said. George grinned and nodded. He knew they would be doing much more than smoking a ciggie.

John walked out the back door of the studio building, Paul following close behind, and his finger intertwined in John's. John sat on the grass, pulling Paul down with him.

"Are you alright, darling?" John asked, as he moved a few hairs away from Paul's doe-like eyes. Paul smiled sweetly.

"Yes. I'm perfect! Nothing could be better," Paul leaned into John's face, "You're with me, after all."

Their faces were only inches away, but they merely looked at each other, and enjoyed each other's company as they were out for a smoke.

-*-

*George Harrison*

A few days after the last day of recording the new album, we were taken to the set of the film we were to star in. I was nervous, to say the least. I'd never thought I'd ever be starring in a film.

"Lads! How great to see you!" We heard a man's voice from behind us. We all stopped in our tracks, and turned around. We gave our best smiles and nodded.

"Hello, Richard," Brian said. He extended his arm, and offered a handshake, which the man promptly took.

"Brian, hello. Thank you for being here early." The man, named Richard, smiled and nodded. He turned to us, and his face lit up. We weren't surprise, but we were getting used to this reaction, not to sound arrogant.

"My name is Richard Lester, and I will be your film director," He extended his hand, and we all shook it.

"We are The Beatles, and we will be your film stars," John spoke. He stood proudly, and gave a sarcastic wink. Paul stood next to him, silently giggling at John's witty remark.