If I Fell

*Paul McCartney*

"Moring lads, sleep well? Had a good breakfast?" Brian was in a surprisingly good mood given the busy week ahead. We looked at each other, waiting for someone to answer his questions. I suppose we just weren't expecting the good mood.

"Oh, absolutely wonderful, thank you." John said at last, making us snicker a bit at his obviously sarcastic tone.

"Looking quite electric this morning, eh?" I was curious about his good mood, but with this man, I could never know. Brian wasn't a bad guy at all and we were actually quite fond of him for many reasons. We had so much trust in him, and he must've had enough trust in us since he had told us of his homosexuality, which we had suspected earlier on anyhow.

"It's just a nice morning, don't you think?" He looked out the window from the hotel lobby, where we were waiting until we had a bit of security from the crazed fans outside. New York was a wonderful place to visit, though we have had very little time to look around the city.

"I suppose it is." It really was a beautiful day. Though, it was February and the New York air was bitterly cold.

The security came soon after and we were quickly escorted out into our car. I climbed into the car's backseat, behind John, and George and Ringo following behind me. I scooted in next to John, who grinned as I took my place. I grinned back, playfully elbowing his arm. George and Ringo sat in front of us, giving each other a quick glance and smile.

"Something you wanna say then?" I asked. George and Ringo had been acting suspiciously all morning. Every time I looked at them, it was becoming much more obvious that something was up.

"No no. Nothing." George smiled back and turned to his window, where he remained in silence for about a minute or so before John spoke.

"Being rather silent this morning, eh Georgie?" John was smiling his mischievous smile. "Eh Ringo, it didn't look like you had a good breakfast now did you?" He was trying to push them into telling us, I could tell.

-*-

"Uh- of course I did. Why- why would you ask?" Ringo tried his best to hide what he was thinking, but he knew that it was hopeless, his face probably showing all the emotions he was feeling at the moment. He looked at George, who gave him a quick reassuring smile before turning his attention back to John. John was still sitting there, smiling mischievously. He knew how to get on anyone's nerves.

"Oh, leave the lad alone, John." George said back, smiling. John lifted an eyebrow slightly, grinning back at Ringo.

"I was only wondering, you know. With the scene you left and all."

"John." George whispered harshly.

"What? Like I said, only wondering. But if you say you had a good breakfast, I certainly believe it." John smiled, and winked quickly at George before anyone else noticed. George's cheeks were pink in an instant and John silently chuckled at the sight.

Paul looked at John, and John straightened up, smiling still.

"Still tired, mate?" John joked. Paul rolled his eyes, but smiled.

"Of course. But I suppose I'll have to deal with it, won't I?"

John smiled, "Yeah, you most definitely will have to." He patted the younger boy on the shoulder and looked over at the other lads. George nodded towards Paul, signaling to John that he needed to tell him soon. John sighed and nodded, looking over at Paul who was looking out the window, oblivious to the situation. He would tell him, He had to! It was killing him to keep something like this from Paul. Whatever it was, whenever it started, John felt it. And he needed to be sure of his feelings. He couldn't keep silent much longer. He would tell him, just not right now.