For You

*Ringo Starr*

It had been a long night. It was actually the first time in two weeks that I had slept on my own bed in my own room. I can't say that it was awful because I enjoyed sleeping in my own home. However, it felt strange without George there, and at that moment last night I realized that I really did need him. I wasn't sure about who I was quite yet, but I was sure that whatever I ended up deciding it would have to include George.

The telephone rang almost immediately, and could you believe who it was?

"Hello?"

"Morning, love." It was George.

"Morning, Georgie." I smiled. It had become a regular thing now when I heard his voice.

"Doing anything today?" He asked, his voice holding hope that I would say no.

So I did.

"No, actually. I was just going to sit at home, waiting for you to call, love."

I could almost feel his grin through the phone.

"Really? Well, perfect! Do you mind if I come over?" My heartbeat sped up a little at his question.

"Of course I don't mind, love. You are welcome to come by whenever." It was true.

"Alright! See you in a bit then!"

"Alright, see ya!" And he hung up.

I wandered to my kitchen to eat some breakfast before George came by. I thought about making breakfast for him, but I figured he must have already eaten breakfast since he had been calling about coming over.

It hadn't even been 20 minutes and there was already knocking on my door. I stood up, smiling to myself at the thought of seeing George. I opened the door, and there stood a beaming George Harrison.

"Ringo!" He hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"Hello, love. Come in, please." I pulled him into my house, closing the door behind him. I wanted to be absolutely careful here back home, and wanted to make sure no one saw anything strange between us. He let go of me and looked around.

"Clean place you've got here." He smiled and walked into my kitchen, "I smell food."

I laughed and followed him, "You are welcome to eat what you'd like, love."

He grinned widely, "Thanks. I'm not hungry at the moment, though."

"That's a first." I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. His eyes got wide in surprise, "I love you. I really do."

He smiled and hugged me again, putting his head in the crook of my neck. He is much taller than me, but I smiled at the warmth of his breath against my skin, and his tight hold of me in his hug

"I love you too." He said against my neck. I shivered, and he must have felt it because I felt him smile against my skin.

"Come here, follow me." I said, pulling him to my living room.

"What for?" He asked, looking around confused.

I sat down on my couch and pulled him down next to me.

"I just wanted you to be comfortable." He smiled and laid his head on my shoulder. We sat there in wonderful silence. Peaceful and lovely.

"You know, I was always afraid of rejection. That's why I never told you before..." He broke the silence with his whisper.

"Why would I ever reject you, love?"

"Well, we were raised to frown upon this. I was, anyway. My parents, I don't know if I could ever tell them." He looked at his feet and stretched them out. I didn't know how I would tell my parents either, but that wasn't important to me right now. I really wanted to figure our situation out first before we confessed it to anyone, especially our parents. I took his hands and spoke to him.