A Night To Remember

*Paul McCartney*

We thought nothing more would happen that night that John came back to my flat. There was always some sort of interruption.

The phone was ringing, and Cyn was calling worried about John and where he could be. I was frustrated, but didn't let it show. She was already suspicious.

"He actually just left my flat, Cyn. He should be home soon." I lied. John punched my arm lightly. He didn't want to go.

"Oh, alright. Thank you, Paul. Sorry to bother you so late at night." She said.

"It's alright. I'm not even tired yet. See you later." I tried to be as polite as I could. She had always been polite towards me.

"Yes, alright. Goodbye." She said, and the line cut off.

I hung the phone up and turned to John. He had a frown on his face as he put his shirt back on.

"Ugh! Do I have to go, Paulie?" He pouted his lips and looked at me. I smiled and placed my hand on his warm cheek.

"Yes, darling. Now get going. You have a family to get home to..." My smiled disappeared, and though I didn't want to seem upset, I really was. And, I wasn't doing a very great job at hiding it.

"But do I really have to. Why don't you call Cyn back? Tell her I decided it would be safer to spend the night here instead of walking in the dark streets. She'll understand, and agree!" He was pleading, begging, that I call her.

"Johnny. Oh, Johnny. Please, just go home to her," I leaned into him and kissed his cheek, "We'll be alone again soon," I whispered in his ear. I felt him shiver, as snuggled his face him my neck and groaned.

"Damn it. Don't do that to me, Macca." He kissed my neck, and suddenly, I couldn't let go. I clutched onto him, and pulled him closer. He continued to kiss my neck and down my collarbone. I had forgotten to put my shirt back on, and now I found myself lost in the powerful touch of John Lennon. Powerful in the way it took over my mind. Powerful in the way it made my head spin.

"Do you really want me to leave, Paulie?" He whispered against my skin. I shuddered and shook my head lightly.

"N-no," was all I managed to say. He moved back up to my face, and smiled.

"Call her?" He said, then leaning in to kiss me.

"Okay. Okay. I'll call her." I turned back over to the phone, as John laid on my lap. Before I dialed the number, I stopped and looked down at John.

"What's wrong?" He said, waiting for me to dial the number.

"She won't believe. She'll think I'm covering for you." I sighed.

"Give me the phone," He said, as he sat up and dialed the number. I waited patiently. My head was flooding with thoughts of what would happen after the phone call. Could I really...? It would be... different. Was I prepared to?

"Hey Cyn." I heard John finally say and it cut off all my thoughts.

"I did. But then I came back. The streets are much more dangerous in the dark."

I laughed silently. The dark streets at night had never bother John before. And to be saying that they did now, I wouldn't had believed it.

"Yes, I know. Sorry. I just thought you'd understand. For my safety, anyway."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then." My heart skipped. John would be here tonight. With me. John turned around, the phone still in his hand, "She wants to speak to you."