We're Alright

*Paul McCartney*

I was stunned. I didn't want to think much of the situation, but I did. I didn't say anything; I'd never been so confused. I thought she'd left. I thought she wasn't in the country anymore. Or the continent. So, why was it she was back while I was?

I felt the whole room stare at me, but I remained speechless. What was I to say? Nice to see you again. No, it really wasn't. Hi. How have you been? I want sure I wanted to even start a conversation.

I cleared my throat, and looked back up at her. She had her hands on her hips, almost threatening was her posture. I'd never felt so small next to a woman, especially not her.

"Well, I'm sorry. Have I left you with nothing to say?" She said. Menacing, she was. At least, it was it felt like.

"Sorry, I wasn't expecting a visit from you."

"No, I'm sure you weren't."

I never held any resentment towards her. I had been the one to let her go. I also never held any guilt, until now, for some reason.

"I heard you came home," She said, sitting herself down on the empty chair, "Which I thought was awfully coincidental, and came to see you."

All eyes were on her now. John shifted uncomfortably next to me. I didn't move.

"Yeah. What a coincidence," John spoke for me. I elbowed him discreetly, making it look like I was sitting up.

"I heard you moved to Canada," George said.

"Yes, that's right. Quite a wonderful place it is up there." She looked back at me, expecting me to say something. I didn't, of course.

"Ah, that's good." George replied.

I kept silent. I didn't really want to talk. I was really hoping she'd leave.

"Paul, I still need to talk to you." She said, and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Sorry?"

"Yes, I still have questions. About us."

John sat up. I looked at him, and gave him a look, trying to say "It's okay". He nodded, and relaxed again, but looked at her. Glared, almost.

"Alright. Dorothy, I'll answer your questions."

-*-

*John Lennon*

Usually, when we come home, we sit around with our family. We enjoy our day with them, reminisce on the good old days, when we were young and troublesome. It was quite nice, even if I didn't admit it enough.

Paul came back, not long after he'd left. That, hopefully, concluded the worse part of this stop.

"Thank you for letting me in." With that, she was gone. I looked at Paul. In fact, everyone did. We wanted to know.

"What's up?" Ringo asked. Paul looked at him and shrugged.

"Y'know, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. I think she wanted closure."

"Damn Paul. That's two girls after you. Any other ones we should keep an eye out for?" I said. Paul smiled, sitting next to me.

"No. I think you can rest easy, Johnny."

"Two? Is Jane still bothering you?" Paul's father asked.

Paul looked at his feet, and nodded, "Yeah."

"She came by last night. Jane Asher, she's called?" Angie said.

"Yeah," Paul looked up, "She did?" He looked at his father, who shrugged his shoulders.