Chapter 3

Tris POV:
     The royal family gets up before the the rest of the kingdom does. I've been up for hours and the sun is starting to rise. We've already had breakfast and my parents went on a trip to the kingdom of Candor for a meeting. I decide to go out into the village but I don't want to wear my tiara and dress and have servants all around me. There's one solution-sneak out.
     I put my tiara on the stand and change into a something less royal- purple jumpsuit with a brown robe over it. I braid my hair and grab the dirtiest shoes I can find, which is hard since my father hired shoe polishers. I look in the mirror and for a second, I look like a villager.
     I sleep in the tallest tower so I open my door and run down the stairs(which takes me a total of 2 minutes). I crack the door open to see if there are guards around. It's all clear so I tip toe down the hall. Most of the guards must've left with my parents. The front gate is too heavily guarded so I go out the kitchen window and sneak into the garden. As soon as my feet hit the ground I charge into a sprint. I spot the wall that surrounds the castle and speed up. There are large trees in the garden and I find a nice thick one and climb it. I sit on a branch and start scooting my butt to the wall.
     I'm on the edge of the branch and stretch my arm out. I lean forward and the branch SNAPS! It doesn't snap all the way but I'm dangling from the branch and it keeps bending. I turn to the castle and see a light in the hallway turn on! It's now or never! I swing my body to the right and stretch my warm until it hurts. I get a grip on the wall and let go of the branch. I pull myself up and sit on the wall. I look back at the castle and the light turns off. I look down at the ground and it's quite a long fall. I brace my body and jump. I hit my shoulder and it hurts really bad but who cares.
           I'm free.