Chapter 15

Tris POV:
I sit up in my bed and stare at the ceiling. I listen downstairs to the servants closing everything up. Dinner ended 3 hours ago and my parents are in bed. I look at my clock. 9:00. 7 more hours until my date with Tobias. I would love to think about our time together, but I can't help think about Prince Peter. I'm betrothed and it makes me furious. My father doesn't even care about how I feel about this.
     I twist and turn on my bed. I feel like I should do something to get my mind off of everything so I decide to read a book. I grab my bed robe and open my bedroom door. I stop and think for a sec. It's 9:00 which means the library is probably locked. It has important documents in there. I would read one of my books but I read it from cover to cover.
     Instead, I decide to write Christina back. I want to do anything possible to get out of this marriage.

Christina,
       I don't know how I feel about this. Is there any way you can get me out of this? My father actually wants me to have children with a stranger just to unite his kingdom! Please Christina, I can't marry someone I've never met.
           Princess Beatrice.

I fold the piece of paper and put it in my desk drawer. I'm not ready to send it just yet. I fall into my bed and go into a deep sleep.
___________________________

I wake up in my bed and see that my light has been turned off. Someone must've been in here. I turn on my lamp and look at the clock. 3:45 . I only have 15 minutes to meet Tobias! I wipe my face and go to my bathroom. It really helps to have my own bathroom and my bedroom. My tower is actually quite large.
    I brush my teeth and change into my less formal royal robe. He's on a date with a princess so I need to dress like one. I go to my tiara dresser and pull out the tiara my mom gave me. She said it's for the Kingdom Festival. I put it back and grab a smaller tiara, one for less formal occasions. It's a small, thin tiara with little diamonds and it wraps thinly to my head. It shines like the others but it's not huge. When I'm done I look at the clock. 4:05.
     I open my window and climb down the rope I keep hidden behind a sliding stone wall. When I reach the ground I run into a sprint like I always do. I don't want anyone seeing me out. I climb the same tree that is next to the outer wall and hop it.
     It takes me 5 minutes to sprint to the field. I stop as I feel the sunflowers on my feet. I look around and don't see anyone. Maybe he's late too. I walk around and then I see him. Tobias, standing in the field, staring at the stars. He looks nervous. I take slow deep breaths. I feel like I might throw up. Even though he isn't meeting Tris. He's meeting a part of me. And that's something I don't want to mess up.

I take a step forward and walk to him. I'm about 3 feet away from him when he turns around. I see him give a sigh of relief and he smiles. I smile back. He hands me a rose. A rose, in a field of sunflowers.

AN: hey guys! I know you wanted to hear the date but I needed to add this part in for something big that will happen later. If you look closely then you'll see what I mean 😉
     Next chapter will have the date! I promise! Thank you for 1.17K views! You guys are amazing!