My Sister shares with me a Secret

"Jason!" I heard Elsa crying, "Please come back!"

I didn't turn to know what she wanted, I put in my head the idea that I didn't want to see her anymore. I wanted to forget every memory about her if I was going to start a new life with a new family. Plus, I didn't want to hurt her, I hated when I hurt people's emotions. And if I did, I try my best to apologize and make them forget.

But by leaving her without listening to her, I guessed she was hurt. I heard her calling my name again, so finally I stopped and turned... The last thing I saw was Leo hugging her and trying to calm her as Kate ran to my side. She looked back at Leo and said: "We are both leaving a part of our lives. But by leaving a part, we find a better one."

I didn't argue. I didn't want to hear anything from anyone that night. I just looked at her wandering what she meant, but didn't ask.

-- -- -- -- -- --

I entered my bedroom and opened the window so I could get some air. I sit on my bed and hugged my legs putting my head between my knees and cried for a while. Suddenly someone knocked on my door. I didn't say anything so Kate opened it.

Kate? What is she doing here at this time? I asked myself because it was 11:30 pm.

I got out of my bed and asked her: "What are you doing Kate? What do you want now?"

"Look Jason," she started, "There is something I need to tell you, but please don't interrupt me. Ok... I know you're wandering why we're leaving Manhattan. Dad talked with me about some reasons but not all of them. And they were convincing, I will share with you one of them now, but no questions. I'm not the one with answers."
She took a deep breath and continued: "We're the Ford family, and well, we have an ancient history. What happened to me in the garden today was some sort of magic. And only a kiss could help get out of it. And I guess Elsa kissed you that's sure. The important thing now that there is something hunting us, but didn't want to tell me what and why. Maybe mom is not dead after all. She was taken by something, and that thing is after us. That's why we're moving."
She stopped maybe waiting for my reaction. But I was deep in my thoughts. I couldn't believe mom was taken by something which is after us now. And when she mentioned magic, well that was so weird to me. She knew about it and never told me.

After everything she told me, my only question was: "Who's this Luke?"

"Seriously Jason? That's all you've got?"

"Well yeah... Who is he? And why didn't you mention the girl's name as well?"

"Luke is the guy you saw me with..."

"Wait wait wait..." She didn't have the time to finish because I interrupted her, "You mean your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend Jason! He's a guy like us."

"And your boyfriend right?"

"Nope." She said shaking her head.
So all this time I've made jokes out of him for being my sister's boyfriend but he wasn't?

"And why didn't you tell me before now?" I asked her with concern.

"Jason, it's not like that."

"Ok. Sorry. Now get out of my room."

She headed to the door with sadness, I could see that from the way she was walking. She looked at me one last time before she closed the door.

I didn't sleep that night. I kept thinking all the time about my destiny. I felt selfish not thinking about Kate or dad or even my friends. I kept thinking about what could happen to me if that thing, the one who took mom, catches me too. I was staring all that night at the wall in front of me, until I looked at my clock and saw it was 5:32 am already.