We share our Pain

We asked for the bathroom. We got in. I looked at Selena who's eyes were still red from crying: "Hey, you need to wash that beautiful face." I told her.

She smiled and washed it. When she was done she said not meeting my eyes: "Thanks... for defending me there." And she looked at me.

"You deserved it."

"You're sure I'm your adventure partner?" She laughed.

"Well yeah."

"I'm sorry I didn't notice how good you are until that incident. I hardly trust people around me."

"Yeah... But we're a new family now remember?" I asked her.

"Does a part of a family tries to kill his brother?"

"Hey don't worry, I'm fine, really."

"You're trying to be fine for me Jace. Thank you."

"I wanted to ask you a question recently, but I was afraid." I started.

"What is it?"

"I know it's hard for you to tell me. But where's your family?"

A tear traced its way down her cheek. I didn't want her to cry again so I said: "Hey, I don't want to know anymore, it's okay if_"

"No it's fine." She took a deep breath, "My family rejected me when I was 2. At least that what my uncle told me. I never knew them in person, just stories. And I hate it when people reject me like my parents and Luke did."

"How did Luke reject you?"

"Please, I don't want to talk about it."

I felt guilty asking her more personal stuff, but I needed to comfort her again so I said: "I will never reject you, I promise."

"Human being is great in making empty promises Jace."

I think she was right, every person makes a promise sometimes beyond his power. But I was really talking about not rejecting her.

"Elsa," I said suddenly and really didn't  know why I brought that up, "the one you saw before we left, she..." I hesitated, "I should have said goodbye before I left. I liked her, really. But my selfishness made me forget her. I was thinking about what would happen to me. And that kiss I gave her..." Selena looked surprised, "I began thinking it was a fake one."

"You kissed her?"

"Yeah I did. But it's not real anymore."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I found someone else to care about." I took her hand, "Selena, I hope you find true love and start from the beginning."