I accept a Gift

"Hello, Jason." A voice said behind me. I turned to see a man with short red hair and black eyes. He was about 32 to me.

"Um, hi sir?" I asked.

"Wizard please."

Kate interrupted: "Wizard? You mean you can do stuff like us?"

"Indeed."

I didn't trust that guy. What if he was after us? I couldn't let him kidnap one other part of my family.

"Selena, do you know him?" I asked.

"No." She looked at the man, "What do you want?"
Selena was rude a little with strangers, she kept her voice high when she spoke with them. That's how she talked with me when we met.

"I'm here for Jason in particular." The man said smiling at me, "I want to give him something."

"Something for me?" I couldn't believe that. "How do I know it's safe?"

"Believe me Jason, I'm here to help you three. In fact you were supposed to be four but that's alright."

He took a pare of gloves out of his pocket. They were red with blue strakes.

"That's for you." He said handing them to me. "You can control subjects with them."

"Um... Thanks." I said.

The man looked around like if to make sure no one was listening and whispered: "You can't change your fate Jason. But I will tell you this: 'you were born to lead. Get that leader out of you!' Goodbye." He said and collapsed into white mist.

After that, I didn't know what to do, scream, cry or celebrate. All I could say was: "Wow! That was really awesome!"

"He could've been more awesome if he gave me something too." Kate said.

That's when my phone vibrated in my pocket: "It's an SMS from Mrs Ramirez." I told Kate and Selena, "I think she sent me the numbers."