Dad gets missing

"How dare you?" Shouted Elsa.

I knew what she meant, she was talking about my name. She was the only one calling me Jace, before I introduced myself as Jace.

"Hey Elsa, calm down." I said hugging her, "There is no reason for getting angry."
That's when my father shouted again: "Come on kids, we're leaving!"

I pulled away from the hug and looked in Elsa's brown warm eyes: "We're leaving. We'll stay connected I promise. You have my number right?"

"Yes I do."

"Good"

I turned away and took Selena's hand but she glared at me so I let it go immediately.
"Err... sorry." I apologized. Selena didn't answer.
We both headed to the parking where my dad was waiting, leaving Elsa without another word...
-- -- -- -- -- --

Ok, that was creepy but I had that weird dream again, the same one with no words changed. I got up in our San Francisco's new house shouting. I had Luke for my roommate. We didn't speak that much in the car when heading here, because I fell asleep the most of the time. All I knew that his parents died in a boat incident, but I didn't ask for more details because just as in my case, I hated to mention mom's death details despite the fact I didn't know much. I also knew he was 18 already, so he was my big brother now!
That was all...

Luke got out of his bed looking around and when he saw me, he said: "Oh come on Jason, you're shouting like_"

"Wait, you do know my name?" I asked not knowing what else to say, "How?"

"Maybe Selena didn't know you before yesterday, but I did actually."

"So why didn't you tell her?"

"Everyone hides secrets, I understand that. But changing your name wasn't wise, I mean she might know as soon as someone calls you accidentally by your real name."

"We're new in this town. No one knows me. Just try not to let her find out. I took Jace as a new name, not for hiding anything. My personality has changed since I knew the truth about my mother, and Jace is the right name for showing that personality." I said with confidence.

He rolled his eyes and got back to sleep. I did the same and promised myself that finally, when I wake up, I will have explanations from dad about who we were and why we're being hunted.

-- -- -- -- -- --

I opened my eyes to find myself in a garden full of flowers from every gender. I looked around me to search for Kate, and saw her. She marched toward me and said smiling: "How's our sleeper?"

"I think I'm good. Why did you bring me here?"

Her smile faded as if remembering something bad. Then she looked back at Selena and Luke who were sitting on the grass next to a big box. She turned and looked at me again: "Dad... he's gone... We woke up and didn't find him. His cell phone is still here, we can't contact him."

We're dead, I thought. How could dad had disappeared like that?

A sadness cloud floated over my head. Now I'd lost my family completely. Mom and dad are gone fore real. There we were, four orphans in San Francisco who didn't know anyone there.
Sure I wasn't the only one who lost his family, Kate and Luke have lost it as well. But Selena? I didn't know anything about her past, I'd forgot actually to ask if she even was related to Luke. What if she was his cousin! Or even his sister!
I was thinking so much about her past which I haven't got the chance to know, and forgot about my own father.
Then I heard Kate saying: "....and then we would know. What do you think?"

I was deep in my thoughts I didn't hear the full sentence Kate was saying. But I told myself we didn't have time to talk, so I simply answered: "Yeah ok."

"Oh cool. I thought you would never agree. Come on let's go."

"Go where?"

"Where I told you. Come on!"

She grabbed my arm so I got to my feet. We headed toward Luke and Selena who were waiting. I had no idea where we were going.

"Ok guys. Just as we planned," Kate started, "I go with Luke to the left. Jason and Selena go to the right and-"

"Who's Jason?" Selena interrupted.

"Um..." Said Kate then turned to face me, "You didn't introduce yourself?"

I looked at Luke who was trying not to crack a smile. Then Selena interrupted again: "You mean he's Jason?" She said pointing at me, "He told me he's Jace."

"Well yeah I am." I said quickly, "But my friends call me Jason sometimes. You can call me by both names, I don't have a problem."

Selena just looked at me and said: "Whatever... let's just go. And I'm still disappointed I can't go with Luke. Good luck you two anyway."

Luke smiled at Selena and squeezed her hand: "Thank you dear for letting us do this together."
I could say he was joking around and Selena smiled at him.
Hey! Why would she smile at him when he's joking?
"Come on Kate." And they headed to the left side of the street.

I was standing there looking at those two lovebirds I didn't notice Selena was still standing next to me.

"So? Where are we going now?" I asked her.

"I thought Kate told you, Jason."

"Hey don't call me that. I hate it!"

"You said I can call you by both names remember?"

"I just said that in front of Kate."

She didn't answer. I just looked at her and finally said: "Ok. I wasn't listening. Can you just tell me where are we going? And you know what, that idea of splitting up, I guess it's Luke's. Who's he anyway?"

"Enough questions." She glared at me, "Let's just focus on the mission. We must reach that statue there. If two of us got attacked by someone, we shout at the other two to help us so we couldn't be all captured at once."

"Sounds good to me." I looked at the Lion statue Selena pointed at. It was like 300 feet away.

"And," Selena continued, "I have power to control the enemy unlike you. So does Luke."

"What are you? Wizards?"

"You'll know as soon as we get to that statue. On three, we run. One.. Two.."