One Quiet Night

Seriously? What happened to Marco? He was never a person who would apologize to anyone. And what was wrong with Jaz? She was acting like if she used to be one of his closest friends. And if it was the case, I didn't appreciate their friendship.

I nodded but didn't say anything, because if I tried to speak, I would've probably shouted in his face.

"So. Yeah." Jaz cleared her throat. "What shall we do now?"

I was ready to answer her when Dimetrios spoke.

"Jasmine Black." He said. He somehow succeeded in cutting the branches.

"What do you want now?" I asked him aloud. "Leave her alone. She has no connection with that story of yours!"

"Oh I know that!" He smiled. "Jasmine, where is your boyfriend, Callum?"

Jaz's ears reddened. I turned to face her. Callum was that friend she had mentioned, the one who died.
She looked at me for a second, and broke down in tears.
I stood there, shocked.
I wanted to comfort her, just like she has comforted me when I thought Elsa died. After all she was my friend, and I couldn't watch her cry this way.
I took a step forward when Marco knelt next to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. She looked at him for quite a moment. They were so close you'd say they were about to kiss. But then Jaz looked at me with pity eyes, a look I would never forget. I felt like electricity rushing through my body. I saw something kind in her eyes, something beautiful. No way I would let anyone hurt her.
I turned to face Dimetrios, but the Breaker was gone.

"That Dark Wizard!" I said aloud. I cursed then turned to see Marco helping Jaz to her feet.

"Jaz." I marched toward her and stopped. "You ok?" I asked her.

"Gosh Jason!" She said. "You look so concerned!"

"Of course!" I replied. "We're friends right? I mean who would_"

"Me." Marco interrupted us. "I can take care of her. She's my friend now, too. Right Jasmine?" He asked her.

She nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah. I guess so."

That wasn't ok at all! I mean, why would Marco want to have friends?

"Well," I cleared my throat. "You two look cute together!"

"You think so?" Jaz asked me.

Of course not!
"Yeah." I said finally. "Really!"
I looked in her eyes again. Was she about to tear up? No! She was happy like that. I mean I was so glad she wasn't freaked out after that fight between Marco and me.

"Now, I need to find my sister, Luke, Selena, Fred and Elsa." I said.

"But Elsa's gone." Jaz explained. "I heard Dimetrios say so."

Right. I wiped some tears away, then took a deep breath. I headed to the door, and didn't look back. The Institute was destroyed! Grey mist filled the air, but I didn't care. I got out of the BI to go sit down on the edge of a lake which was outside. I stared in the water, and tried to imagine myself having a good life with Elsa. I saw myself wrapping her in my arms and playing with her dark hair. I saw her kissing me for the first time in our garden. I never asked her if she knew all along about her being a wizard, but I didn't care now. She was gone.