The Wish

I sat on the floor. I was a little stupid not trying to open the door, I admit it. But hey, I couldn't escape.
I started thinking. What's going on? What's that little surprise Dimetrios mentioned? How are Luke and Paolo now?

A little while and the door opened and I saw Kate. A man with black threw her on the floor and locked the door behind him after he left. Ok, the door was locked.

"Kate!" I ran to her. She looked at me with her blue eyes, and I remembered mom from the dream. I was staring.

"Hey. Hello?" She said, "You still here?"

"Um... What happened with you?" I asked her.

First she didn't answer. But I waited.

"I heard the WI was on fire." She said.

"What do you mean you heard?" I asked her. So she wasn't there.

"I wasn't in the Institute when it happened!" Kate said, "I was..."
Her voice failed her.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"Leo." She answered, "I was with Leo."

I was relieved she wasn't in the WI.

"Then I met dad." She continued, "we were in our house."

"Wait." I interrupted her, "Dad was in Manhattan? How? I just talked with him. He was here!"

"He's a wizard Jace." Kate said softly, "He can do anything."

If dad could've been able to teleport himself, then I should've been able as well.

"I'm wizard too!" I said.

"Yeah but we're out of practice!"

"About dad_"

"Yeah." She took a deep breath, "When dad came, I was with Leo. When I saw him, Leo disappeared! Then I asked dad what was he doing there. He told me we will suffer a little, and everything will be great. I couldn't believe he was enjoying that but I couldn't tell him anything back there. I was speechless." She started crying.

"And Leo?"

"I didn't have time to find him, because Selena brought me here."

I looked at the ground.

"We should get out of here." I said, "We need a plan."

"Out of plans!" Kate said.

"You can't be serious! You always have a plan."

"Now I_"

"Do! Come on."

Kate looked at me like if I was an alien and talking a weird language.

"You always hate my plans!" Kate yelled.

"Now I don't anymore!" I complained.

But the door opened, and Dimetrios entered the room, bringing with him a chair. As soon as he sat on it, he smiled and said: "Welcome."

"You already said that." I said.

"Just listen to me!" Dimetrios shouted.

I hated that guy, I wanted to punch him, but instead I said: "I'm not afraid of you."

Dimetrios smiled dryly.

"The greatest weakness of all," he said, "is the great fear of appearing weak."

I couldn't say anything to that.

"Hey." Kate said, "Who are you? I'm new comer! At least introduce yourself."

"Um... Kate?" I tried to calm her down, "I wouldn't_"

"Kate Ford." Dimetrios stood up, his hands behind his back, "Wizard of Love. You and Jace are so related."

"Pff..." Kate said, "of course we are! Let me guess. We have the same parents?"

Dimetrios smiled and said: "I don't mean blood relation."

"You mean Nature and Love?" I asked.

He nodded. "Without Human love, nature would be destroyed." Dimetrios took a seat again. "As long as Human hates, everything around him is burned to ashes."

"I thought you Dark Wizards have Destruction and Hate as your specialties." I said.

"He'a trying to get us confused!" Kate surged.

"Kate Ford." He said her name again, "You're so much like your father."

"I'd rather die before we become alike!" Kate shouted.

I didn't want to listen about dad again. And I think Kate didn't, too.
But as soon as Kate said what she said, Dimetrios started to laugh. What's going on?

"What?" I asked, "What's so funny?"

Dimetrios's smile faded. "You know what your sister just did?" He pointed at Kate, "She just made a wish... in my presence."

I locked eyes with Kate, from her face I could see we had the same question.

"What Wizard are you?" I asked Dimetrios, fear echoing in my voice.

He glared at me and said: "I'm the Wizard of Dark Wishes."