Chapter 7 - Long Lost

Aaron's POV

     I started searching around the hospital room frantically. Is he in the closet? No, under the bed?.... Behind the curtains? He wasn't anywhere. I was trying to hold back my ever welling tears but a few trickled down my face.

     I walked out the door of the room and started exploring the halls noticing that this hospital was extremely understaffed. Every turn, every corner was leading me nowhere. I stood near one of the hallway windows looking out over the gloomy lawn of the hospital scanning for any sign of Stryke. Sadly I didn't see him anywhere.

     When I finally turned from the view of the window the nurse from the desk was standing right behind me. Her black hair now out of the bun she had it in before.

"Having trouble finding your friend's room?" She asked running her hand through her hair.

" No, I found the room but he wasn't there and I can't find him anywhere."

"Well," she said taking a moment to ponder the next step. "Why don't you wait in the room until he gets back?"

" I guess I can do that." I said.

     I wanted to say so much more because I appreciated what she has been doing for me but, I still hadn't found the right words. I walked back to the room with the nurse following to make sure I made it to the room. I almost walked the wrong way a few times so it was lucky she was there to guide me. I entered back into the room and she let me pull out a chair from the closet to wait in. She left me there alone where I quickly drifted into another dark sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kristen Stewart is the nurse?    Actually let's vote

A. Kristen Stewart

B. Melanie Laurent

C. Summer Glau

I'll temporarily have the actress as Kristen Stewart but vote and it will be changed.