You see him for the first time after you break up

I was sitting in a local cafe with my group of friends, I was sitting on a sofa with Max holding hands as I rested my head on his shoulder, he made me come out as I haven't been out in the last two weeks expect for university just because I didn't want to be around anyone as I am trying and failing to get over Brooklyn. As Max played with my fingers which was intertwined with his i couldn't stop thinking what Brooklyn would be up too, was he thinking about me? was he over us? did he fancy someone else? All our old memories came back, making me remember all our good times.

"Y/N?" Max whispered making me zone out, I lifted my head and looked at him. "Are you ok?" he whispered as everyone else were deep in conversation.

I nodded and gave a small smile. "I'm good" I lied, he smiled and pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. "I'm going to top my drink up" I grabbed my purse from the table and walked over to the queue.

"Here you go" the barista smiled as he handed me my skinny latte.

"Thank you" I smiled at the blonde perfectly quiffed guy.

"Y/N" I heard the familiar voice behind me, I turned around to see Brooklyn smiling at me. "How are you?" he asked.

"Do you care Brooklyn?" I asked making him frown at me.

"Of course I do, I still.." he said stepping towards me making me step back.

"Don't" I interrupted him. "Please don't act like you still care about me after you have been seen with loads of girls around LA" I said weakly.

"They are just my mates, I wanted to call you so many times but I just didn't have the balls too" he gave me a sad look.

I looked over to my group of friends, none of them were paying attention apart from Max and my best friend YFN , I raised my eyebrows at them trying to get them to help but they just shrugged.

"You should get back to your friends" he said making me look back at him.

He was about to say something but I quickly walked away and sat back next to Max who kissed my cheek and hugged me noticing I had tears in my eyes. I looked up to see Brooklyn walking out with his head down, he closed the door and looked back at me and mouthed "I love you" then walked off.