{ 4 } - Daggers

Phil's P.O.V

I slowly turned my head towards Dan, dreading the moment when my gaze reached his. It did, and Dan's eyes were wide open in shock, his face being the same expression as his parent's were.

Dan's mum broke the silence.

"Daniel... Is this true?"

I looked at Dan. His chest began rising and falling very quickly, his face still in shock. His hands began to shake violently, his chin trembling. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He desperately looked into his parent's faces and managed to choke some words out.

"No... W-Wait... Y-Y-You... I-It's not l-l-like that..." He stuttered uncontrollably.

I turned to Dan's father, and instantly wished I hadn't. His face showed utter disgust and horror.

"Daniel James Howell... I honestly don't know what to say..."

Dan's face began to crumple quickly, his face in entirely panicking state and sweat forming on his forehead, his hands nervously fumbling about.

Dan's father stood up.

"Daniel... I am honestly SO disGUSTED. THIS," he said, pointing at both of us. "Is EXTREMELY unNATURAL. It is reVOLTING. I am speechless..."

By now the entire restaurant was staring at us.

Dan stood up too.

"N-NO, you DON'T understand! It's not like that, it's not ANYTHING LIKE THAT," tears began forming in his eyes. "IT NEVER HAS B-BEEN LIKE THAT. I'M N-N-N-NOT ANYTHING... I'M NOT..."

Dan's father's face twisted in anger.

"NOT WHAT? A GAY FAGGOT?"

Dan winced and began pleading and shouting, but his father ignored him.

"I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, DAN HOWELL. I HAVE NEVER BEEN PUT OFF MY FOOD SO MUCH IN MY LIFE. THIS IS DISGUSTING AND DISASTEROUS." He paused and looked down at his wife, shaking his head. "DAN HOWELL, I AM OFFICIALLY DISOWNING YOU, YOU DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF WORTHLESSNESS. NOW GET YOUR GAY FAGGOT ASS OUT OF THIS RESTAURANT." He turned to me, his face purple with anger, pointing his finger. "AND YOU, TAKE YOUR BLOODY BOYFRIEND FAR AWAY FROM MY SIGHT, SO I DON'T GAG."

Dan began to push me out the way to reach his father, pleading and screaming, his hair all messed up. My heart was beating so fast and I felt sick with dread and worry and anger.

But mostly guilt.

I pulled Dan away. I could see a waitress aproaching us, probably coming to kick us out for making such a racket. Dan turned and attempted to push me away, to reach his dad, to explain.

I yanked him away from the table, using all my weight to stop him from pushing past me to go back to the table. It felt like eternity, getting dan from the table to the door. The entire time, he faced his parents, unaware of the shocked people around him, watching the scene. He yelled and pushed, until finally I got him out of the door.

"DAN!" I screamed, pulling at his shoulders so he could face me. The next few seconds were the most heart-wrenching moments of my life.

Dan turned to face me fully, and then hit me full on, around the face.

Dan had never hurt me before, and now the pain was the most horrible thing to endure. I could feel the blood going to my cheek. I stumbled sideways.

"Dan..." I half screamed, half choked.

He simply looked at me, fire burning in his eyes. He looked ready to pounce on me. But he only uttered words that sent daggers through me.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

And with that, he turned and ran. People swift moved aside to let him through, a tall man with dark hair, eyes red, tears streaming. I shouted and shouted out his name, telling him to stop and wait for me to explain, but Dan wasn't waiting for anybody. I ran too, desperately trying to catch up with him. I tried keeping my eyes on him but it was tricky, there were so many people on the pavement, so that eventually, I could no longer see him at all. I stopped, short of breath, giving up. I decided to return to the flat. The noise of people and traffic rang around me, but all I could hear where Dan's few words.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

A/N: i would like to point out, i'm sure dan's dad is a lot nicer than this and not homophobic but this is a fictional story, i'm only writing for fun, okay? rightio.