{ 13 } - Hospital

PJ's POV

Dan had heard what Chris had said. I kept shooting Chris worried looks on the journey way to the hospital because what Chris had said was kind of harsh.

Dan spent the journey sat down, leaning over his unconscious best friend.

Chris and I both had always very big suspicions of Dan and Phil being together as a couple, but they'd never mentioned it, so we'd never mentioned it or brought it up in conversations either.

Our many suspicions and theories were confirmed when Dan leant over Phil was softly kissed his lips and whispered something to him. Tears were consistently dribbling down his face as Chris and I sat in silence.

I could see Chris felt a little guilty about what he's said. He hadn't intended for Dan to hear it. I had always known that Phil meant a lot to Chris. Chris would choose Phil over Dan any day, because for some reason it seemed that Dan had always looked down his nose at Chris. Chris liked Phil's happy nature, and Phil always laughed at his rude jokes.

Dan sniffled loudly unintentionally, he glanced up to see Chris, the nurse and myself all staring at him.

"W-what?" he snapped grumpily.

"Mate... I'm sure Phil will be fine," I assured. "You're going to be fine. Everything will work out-"

"Go fuck yourself with your bullshit, PJ." Dan muttered icily.

I looked at Chris, who raised his eyebrows and pulled a face. The nurse looked at Dan in shock, but said nothing. I turned away.

Fine, I thought. If he's going to be a dick, and act like that after all we've done for him, I'm not going to stop him.

* * *

The ambulance drove up beside the large hospital, and the doors were opened.

Chris and I jumped out, swiftly followed by the nurse wheeling Phil down on the trolley. Dan walked beside Phil's pale form the whole way towards the front doors, clutching his ghostly hand.

The automatic doors into the reception area slid open and Phil was wheeled towards the reception desk. The nurse stopped Phil's trolley and started to talk to the receptionist.

Dan leant over Phil was whispered things in his ear. His crying seemed to have subsided but his hands were shaking uncontrollably.

"What's the patient's name?" The receptionist asked.

The nurse turned to Dan, forgetting Chris and I's presence. She tapped him on the shoulder gently. Dan jumped out of his skin.

"Wha-What?" He stuttered.

"Phil," answered Chris. "Phil Lester."

The receptionist typed it into her computer.

Chris then stepped forward and gave the receptionist all the other information needed about Phil.

I stayed back and watched Dan carefully. He'd stopped whispering and was stroking Phil's straight, black hair, which was tousled and messy. His shoulders occasionally heaved when he sniffed.

"Please take a seat, boys," the nurse said to us. Chris and I both turned towards the blue leather chairs in the waiting room.

I just sat down in time to see Dan pushing the nurse's hands off his shoulders.

"No!" He shouted. "No, you have to let me go with him!"

"I'm sorry, love, but we need to take him for some scans."

"Pl-please? I need to be with-"

"He'll be back with you before you know it. We're going to do everything we can to help him, to make sure he's fine. Hopefully, he won't be in the hospital for too long." She smiled at Dan reassuringly. "He'll be okay."

Dan's shoulder's relaxed slightly. He gave the nurse a small apologetic grin.

"Sorry for... snapping," he mumbled, looking at the floor.

"That's okay, love. I know what this all feels like."

Dan nodded and sat down in a blue chair opposite Chris and I, as Phil was wheeled away.

I looked at Chris, and he knew what I was thinking.

Today, was going to be a long day.