Prologue

{PRESENT TIME}

Dan's POV

I lay on my bed, my hot sticky face covered by my arms. I had stayed in the same position for an hour, only moving occasionally to attempt to block Phil out by placing a pillow over my head. Phil had been thumping on the door for the past hour, desperate to get in to speak to me. He hammered on the door endlessly, shouting my name.

"DAN, LISTEN TO ME, I'M SORRY ABOUT WHAT I DID! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, IT JUST SLIPPED OUT OF MY MOUTH! I WASN'T THINKING!"

"DAN? PLEASE, YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME!"

"DAN? PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR! WE CAN SORT EVERYTHING OUT! I PROMISE!"

Yeah, well the last promise you promised me, Phil, you didn't exactly keep it at all.

Phil thumped against the door that I had pushed my desk up against. Over and over again he went, apologising, cursing, threatening, so entirely different to the Phil in the taxi, the Phil in the restaurant before he let it slip.

"DAN, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME." Phil thumped the door one last time and then I heard his body slid down the wood. And then Phil began to sob, letting out sniffles between full blown wails.

But I was so angry. I was filled with frutration and hate for Phil. I hated him more than I'd ever hated anyone before because what he'd done, I would never be able to forget.

Oh Phil, what have you done.