Chapter 1: Change is Good

Hey!! This is my first grey's fanfic so please bare with me. The first few chapters (including this one) aren't that well written, so if you stick around you'll see my true writing talent😏

Anyways  the story starts off slow!! There is a lot of tension and drama in the middle but it is light hearted. Though this story is MerDer, other characters are involved.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE GREY'S ANATOMY CAST!! INCLUDING PATRICK DEMPSEY. ALL THE CHARACTERS WERE CREATED BY SHONDA AND CO. Also if I owned grey's anatomy I wouldn't be here writing fanfiction as per I would be actually directing scenes, and Derek wouldn't have died...😭

Derek's POV
(trailer)
The annoying alarm in my trailer beeped. I unwillingly woke up and turned it off.

"Ugh" I really didn't want this day to start. I slowly got ready by brushing my teeth and throwing on a suit and spending a good 20 minutes perfecting my hair.

Today was gonna be a big day, first I was going to meet with my divorce lawyer and go over the divorce plan with Addison. Then I have to deal with the Seattle Grace/ Mercy West merger and a new set of interns. Plus new doctors from the merger were just going to mess the hospital up. God just kill me now. I made way into the small kitchen which only consisted of some cabinets, sink and a stove. I poured milk and muesli into a bowl and quickly ate it. Then I started the half broken coffee machine, to make my very strong coffee. Yup, this was my routine every single day. Except for Sunday's, where I got into work late. My life is boring, would be an understatement. Ever since I moved to Seattle 2 years ago, everything seems to be scheduled, my life needed some spunk. My life lacked fun.

After two lifeless long years, Addison my current wife, but soon to be -ex decided to take a trip to Seattle Grace hospital. Oh wait... It's not Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.

After consuming my plain breakfast my made my way towards the silver Porsche I first bought when I moved here. It was relatively my only way of letting loose. My other car, a big ol' Jeep laid next to my trailer covered. Time to go to the divorce attorney's office. The best one in the Washington area.

(Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital)

"How did the meeting go?" My best friend Mark asked as he greeted me in the attendings lounge.

"It went okay considering she cheated on me and wanted the estate in the Hampton"

"God I can't believe she cheated on you with Sam" Mark exclaimed.

Mark, Sam and I were best friends all throughout college, med-school and our residency until I found Sam in the bed naked with my wife, Addison who was also naked. Then I just moved to another city a year later after my contract with Mount. Sinai ended. Mark also moved to Seattle too, he decided it would be best to be with me rather than plotting Addison's murder. Then Addison suddenly decided to visit Seattle this week for a surgery on a pregnant woman with triplets and to settle things with me. She hoped it be all alright thinking we would go back being our own selves. But all I wanted was an immediate divorce. Just then a loud beeping noise broke my train of thought.

"Uggh my pager is ringing, see you later" I told Mark as he sipped into his Starbucks coffee. I strolled down the corridor to attend to my patient:

Meredith's POV
(Alex's Car)

It was going to be a hectic day for me, I mean for everybody. I was starting my second year of residency at a new hospital and we were all getting new interns. My boyfriend Alex Karev and my two friends April Kepner and Jackson Avery were also in the car.

"I'm nervous, what if I mess up and they fire me?" April questioned. The redhead is always nervous and anxious and right now she was making me worried..

"It'll be fine April" I comforted her wishing someone would make me feel better. Knowing my exact thoughts, Alex grabbed my hand and comforted me. He stared into my eyes and smiled.

"It'll be okay Mer, they'll love you" he whispered from the drivers seat into the passenger's seat. I smiled back looking into his eyes.

"Wait what am I talking about...THEY'LL LOVE ALL OF US!" He cheered making us feel a lot better. Alex and I had been on the rocks lately, but I hope all goes well, he really is the first decent guy I met since...him.

"I guess we should go" Jackson said as he made us face reality. We all sighed and unlocked the car door.

COPYRIGHT: I WROTE THIS STORY ONLY ON HERE SO IF YOU SEE THIS ON ANY OTHER PLATFORM CONTACT ME.
copyright jiya 2016 ©

Warning: there are loopholes, things that don't make sense, plots that don't add up. But I encourage you to please read on. At least until chapter 7. If you didn't particularly like this chapter my apologies.

-Jiji

PS: pls leave comments, I will reply and I love to read them, even though this story is completed. And just know I love u guys.