Chapter 46. To Protect.

I'm so late with updating (AGAIN). Sorry for that. School thinks I don't have a life so its giving me a lot of homework and my inspiration is beginning to run out so more later updates are to be expected in the future.

Kaira's POV.

I switched off the lights before turning around to walk back to Sasuke, who was now taking the bandages off. It seemed his eyes  hurt less when there was barely any light or and when his Sharingan was deactivated.

''And?'' I asked.

''My eyesights still isn't so well.'' Sasuke grunted. ''Everything is a bit hazy.''

''Then why don't you keep those bandages  on?'' I muttered as I sat down next to him. ''That way your eyes heal better.''

''It's fine. I rather have my eyes heal slower and have the bandage off now and then than not being able to open my eyes at all for a while and have my eyes heal faster.''

I nodded in understanding. It did make sense. If I were in his position, I would do the same.

I turned my head to look at him. Sasuke didn't have much people to lean on anymore. Karin was captured, and Suigetsu and Juugo where also nowhere to be seen. Sasuke said he saw them for the last time at the Five Kage Summit, so they were either captured or were now fleeing to somewhere. Their faces were probably seen so they couldn't walk around freely anymore.

I had to admit that I kinda missed them. Of course I didn't mind the peaceful silence, but sometimes, it was too quiet. Suigetsu also kept everybody a bit lively, even if it meant making stupid jokes and pissing others off.

Sighing, I was about to let myself fall back onto the bed to rest for a bit when I heard Sasuke grunt. He was covering his eyes with his hand as he gritted his teeth.

''Where is the bandage?'' I asked as I stood up. Sasuke held it up and I quickly took it from him. ''You shouldn't take it off for a while.'' I said as I tied the bandage around his head.

Sasuke grunted again. ''I know.''

Sasuke's POV.

It was annoying. I had to depend on others because I couldn't see anything. Taking the bandage was the only way for me to do things alone, but I guess I did it too often.

Kaira must be irritated now as well. She continuously had to look after me like I was some small child. At least it was worth it. After all this, I'd have the Eternal  Mangekyou Sharingan.

''Sasuke, are you alright?''

''I'm fine.'' I muttered as I stood up. I still had this burning feeling in my eyes, but it was far less than it was at first.

I heard Kaira move, and the suddenly felt a warmth pressed against my chest. A pair of arms made their way around my waist and I shivered slightly once I felt Kaira breathe against my neck as she embraced me.

This gesture reminded me of how much she'd changed. From someone who didn't care, to someone who did care. We often clashed when we were enemies but look at us now. I'd never have thought things would work out this way.

"You just have to bear with it a little longer, so just keep the bandage on for a few more days." 

I sighed and felt Kaira's face move away from my neck, but I didn't expect the sudden peck she gave me.

I grunted and took her face in my hands, pressing my lips to hers.

Kaira's POV.

Once I left Sasuke's room, I it didn't take long before I reached my own. I hadn't intended to stay so long with Sasuke, but it had become pretty late already. Opening the door, I was surprised to see that the lights were on, but was not exactly happy to see a certain someone lying on my bed.

''Izuna.'' I growled. ''What are you doing here?''

Izuna turned his head to look at me and smiled widely. ''Kaira!'' he exclaimed. ''You took long!''

''Well, I didn't know you were here waiting for me.'' I grumbled as I closed the door. ''What are you doing here anyway?''

Izuna sat up and blew a strand of his long hair that had fallen in his face away. ''I was lonely, so I came to see you.''

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. ''I'm not the only one in this hideout.''  I stated. ''There's also Shisui and Kuri.''

''They're in another hideout.'' Izuna informed me. ''And the rest is most of the time away on a mission.''

''Then go on a mission yourself.'' I mumbled as I went into the bathroom the change, but left the door open so I could keep talking to my brother.

''Those missions are like chores. There isn't a interesting one among them.''

''Then don't come to me.'' I sighed as I put on a loose shirt and shorts before I left the bathroom.

Izuna pouted and hugged my pillow. ''You don't have to be so mean.'' he muttered. ''I didn't do anything wrong, right?''

''You're acting like a child.'' I grunted as I pulled my pillow forcefully out of his hands. ''You're the oldest one, so don't act like you're the baby of the family.''

Izuna tried to look hurt, but amusement glistened in his eyes. ''You're hurting my feelings, you know?'' He said.

''Izuna, stop being annoying.'' I grumbled as I lay down on my bed, next to my brother. Even though he was kinda pissing me off at the moment, I did appreciate moments like these. Izuna could be a pain in the ass, but I still loved him. He was one of the few people I had left.

I wanted to protect him.

I didn't want to lose anyone anymore.

----------------

I am not satisfied with this chapter  but it's already past midnight and I have to work tomorrow. I wish I had a less busy life cause this life with no time to write or watch anime is certainly killing me.