[29]

They quickly lifted Dally into the bed of the truck. I wanted to climb back there with him but I had to keep the baby safe.

We quickly drive home with Pony, Soda, Jonathan, and I in the front and the rest of the gang in the bed of the truck. I looked behind me and saw Darry trying to stop Dally from bleeding.

"I'm scared." I said out of the blue. I think I scared Pony. He looked over at me and said "It'll be fine Dallas Winston is tuff." I shook my head then held Jonathan closer.

We finally pulled up to the house. Lollypop, Faith, and Alyssa were all standing on the porch. They all took Dally inside and that was when I truly saw how bad he was. He had cuts up and down his arms and legs, he also had a large gash in his cheek that would require stiches.

"Darry we can't take care of this our selves we need to get him to the hospital." I said. Darry shook his head and we went to load him back in the truck. I handed Pony Jonathan and climbed into the bed of the truck.

I crawled over next to Dally and grasped his hand. "Marie?" He asked in a weak voice. "Yeah Dal it's me." I said squeezing his hand tighter and starting to cry.

"Why?" He asked in the same voice. I stopped crying and looked in his tough eyes that told me he was trying not to show pain and asked "Why what?" He frowned and said "Why try to kill your self?"