Chapter 04: The Mystery Girl - Nate

Chapter 4: The Mystery Girl

Nate's P.O.V.

After I escaped Brittany's clutches, I walked over to Gavin and Amanda, who were both talking to the new girl.

"Hey Gavin," I said giving him a bro-hug. I forced myself to not look at the girl because I didn't want to be rude or like every other guy in the school. All over school, every single guy was talking about 'the new chick with the amazing body.' I refused to be one of those guys. I mean, no disrespect to guys everywhere, but I tend to like to actually get to know someone's personality instead of judging based on looks.

"What's up mate?" asked Gavin smiling widely. His look was too innocent and I was very worried.

"Nothing much," I replied impatiently, wanting to be introduced to the brunette. "Just waiting for school to be over." Gavin nodded but didn't say anything. I realized he wanted to hook me up with the new girl, he was trying to be my wing man. I cleared my throat.

"This is Nicole Williams," Gavin finally says, taking my hint. "The girl you almost met yesterday, but didn't."

Having permission, I took my first real look at my mystery girl. Yesterday she had been travelling and angry, with her hair and baggy sweater covering her features. Now that I could see before mentioned features I was amazed.

I smile at Nicole; it was a pretty name that went well with her seeing as she was probably the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my life. It sounds very weird to say, but honestly, she was.

She was also the most natural girl I've ever seen. She had long, curly dark brown hair that was tied off to one side of her head, and intense blue eyes; something I had never seen on a girl with brown hair. She was kind of short, the top of her head only reaching just under my nose. She had a nice open face and a natural smile. She smirked at me and I saw she had really straight teeth. She was skinny, but healthy skinny, not eating disorder skinny. She looked to be kind of athletic but it was hard to tell.

Nicole was leaning against the ugly brown locker that suddenly seemed even uglier with her in its presence. Poor locker.

"Actually, we have met, kind of. You were the sweaty mover in my kitchen," Nicole said, a playful smile on her face.

"Hey, Blue Eyes, my name is Nate James," I smile, glad she wasn't looking at me like she had yesterday, and extend my hand to her. "And I am not a sweaty mover, I am a sweaty basketball player."

Gavin gave me a look that said 'Really, you went there?'

"It's nice to officially meet you Nate." Nicole says with an embarrassed smile as she shook my hand. "Which class do you have first?"

"English," I say gloomily, well not that gloomily as I was taking to a really pretty girl. "We have a not-so-surprise test today."

"Cool, English is my first subject too, with Mrs. Nickels, right?" asks Nicole and I nod to answer. I am instantly excited at the thought of spending more time with her. There was something intangible about her, almost like gravity, that that made me not want to leave. Yes, I do realize how creepy that makes me seem.

"Yeah, but watch out, she's the worst," I warn her with a smile and she smirks and glances away for a small second before looking into my eyes.

"Well, nothing is worse than being the new kid, so I think I can handle a mean teacher," says Nicole returning my smile. Funny too.

"If you think you can stand someone like her, while trying to listen to her lecture about poems, who am I to argue?" I asked. That made her laugh. I actually made her laugh. Bonus points.