Chapter 21: Close- Nicole

Chapter 21: Close

Nicole P.O.V.

Okay, so I didn't actually kiss Nate. Sadly.

Just as he was about to press his lips against mine, I heard the door slam shut. Both of us jumped so fast we smacked out foreheads together.

“Dammit!” Nate says sharply and I had a feeling it wasn’t just about bumping heads. I looked at him apoligetically, and rubbed my forehead, which throbbed.

Amanda had walked around the corner smiling with Sam by her side. They were both covered head to toe in dirt and mud. When she saw us standing so close together, me rubbing my forehead, she stopped.

“We’re not interrupting anything are we?” her smile faded a bit and everyone else came inside. Deogi ran through everyone and got his muddy paws all over Nate’s jeans.

“No,” I said putting my hands by my sides. “No, we were just putting away groceries and ran into each other, no biggie.”

“Riiiight,”Gavin said smirking. Nate blushed and was suddenly very interesting in petting his dog.

“Deogi is a mess,” Amanda said winking at me. “I think I’m gonna give him a bath.”

“I’ll help,” I replied. I really just wanted some alone time with my new friend so I could tell her about Nate and I. I called for Deogi and we all walked out of the room and into the bathroom. Amanda shut the door behind us.

“You kissed Nate!” she said with a smile. “You totally kissed him, and then when you heard the door open, you jumped and banged heads. Am I right?”

“Close,” I laughed, turning on the tap and putting the dog in the shower. There were no tubs in this house, only the one stand up shower. “But no. What actually happened to was we were about to kiss when you opened the door and we banged heads.”

“Oh sorry,” she said. “So, who was your first kiss?”

“I haven’t had one yet,” I said blushing. “I'm hoping to have it with Nate.”

“Hey guys,” Gavin says, poking his head through the door. “Nate said that you’d need this. Also, Sam’s gone to bed and everyone else wanted to go to Inverness for a couple hours so it’s just us four for the night.”

“Okay, what are we gonna do?” Amanda asked, obviously excited. I didn’t know what she was planning on doing with him and I didn’t want to know either. Knowing those two, it wasn't anything PG.

“Nate and I are taking you guys out on a date, so after you’re done with this, go get cleaned up put on something nice sweetie,” he said and handed us a bottle of dog shampoo. He gave Amanda a quick kiss on the cheek and left.

Amanda looked at me.

“Nate just asked you out!” she practically screamed. I quickly put a hand over her mouth.

“Shhh! He didn’t ask me out…did he?” I ask hoping she’ll say yes.