Chapter 13: In Over My Head - Nicole

Chapter 13- In Over My Head

Nicole's P.O.V.

So far, what I had seen of Margaree was beautiful, even the old house we were staying in; Gavin had told me it was over one hundred years old.

Right now I was changing in the master bedroom. It had two beds, and was the only room besides the living room with a TV.

I finished changing and turned around to face the mirror to see if my outfit looked alright. I was wearing my favourite white shorts, and a flow-y pink shirt. I had thrown my long brown hair up into a loose bun and put my sunglasses in my hair.

I was still self-conscious about the scars that were the only thing left to remind me of the accident. Most of them had vanished, the ones the still existed had faded to barely visible pale lines. I decided I looked alright, the scars unnoticeable, and went downstairs.

I walked around the turn in the stairs and Nate was the first on I saw. He was wearing a wife beater and blue swim shorts and he looked really good in them. He held a bright pink boogie bored with a huge blue dolphin on it.

"Nice board," I say. Then I realized that he might think I was making fun of him and instantly felt bad.

"Hey Nicole," he replies sounding amused. "You look ready for the lake." I smiled at him, glad I hadn't hurt his feelings.

"It's a river Nathan," I tell him smirking. I walked over to Amanda, who had a coverup on, when Katie walked down the stairs.

When I looked at her, I looked back at Nate and was disappointed when I saw he was looking too. She was wearing a really skimpy black bikini, and again I felt jealous. She had two guys going after her but she still dressed like that, showing off to Nate too.

"I think we should go now," she says and I couldn't agree more. Liam said something to Katie that I couldn't hear, but it made Nate gag.

"Um, yep, let's go," Nate says and I look at him, happy to see he isn't staring at Katie anymore.

As we were walking out the door, I stopped and went to the fridge to get some food and water in case anyone got hungry or thirsty.

"Hey," I heard Gavin say as I closed the door. "I'm kinda tired and don't feel like driving, here." I looked up and his keys were coming straight at my face, at the last second, I moved my hand and caught them.

"Good catch," He says and walked out the door, I walked out behind him.

*

Gavin was taking a little nap in the passenger seat while Sam and I talked about random things, like how much fun we had playing catch and soccer with dad in Ottawa.

After about fifteen minutes of following Nate to the river, and setting everything up, I was in my white two piece, lying on my towel with my eyes closed and sunglasses on soaking up the sun.

"This is nice," I say to Nate who got up from the rock beside me. I opened my eyes and I glanced at him. He gave me a small smile and looked at Gavin. As I watched him, he took off his shirt and started climbing up the rocks to the road. I tried not to stare at his prominent abs, but it was pretty hard not to. (Is there anything wrong with this guy?) I figured that they were going to get something from the van so I shut my eyes and went back to tanning.

Deogi ran past me and I could hear him playing in the water.

"Hey guys!" I hear one of the boys yell.

"Look at us!" screams the other one.

I looked up to see Nate and Gavin standing on the side of the bridge.