Chapter 18: Again - Nate

• Dedicated to Katie Guillena

Chapter 18: Almost

Nate

Nicole parked in the parking lot of my favourite place in the world. I had decided to take everyone to one of the best places I've ever been too.

It had fun things to do, such as mini golf, go carting (I was the best at that), bumper boats (I am scared of that one, after going over the edge of the pool once when Katie's boyfriend last year bumped me).

"Go carts?" Nicole asks, looking sceptical.

"Yup," I say, smiling because I know how much fun she will have.

Everyone was here with us except Brittany, who needed her 'beauty sleep'

"It's totally lame isn't it?" I ask, suddenly hoping that Nicole wouldn't want to go straight back home.

"No, it's not, it's gonna be lots of fun," Nicole says, smiling at me.

I got out of the truck and walked over to where Gavin and Amanda were sitting.

"Hey guys!" I say loudly, knowing they were about to kiss.

"You stupid head!" Gavin yells, making Amanda snort pop out of her nose.

I laugh and went into the main entrance to buy tickets for everyone.

There was no line so I went in. the store was always crowed because it was a gift shop too. Also, there's a restaurant that had amazing food. The thing is, all these places shared one small entrance. I quickly bought the tickets and left, before it got too crowded.

"Where's Nate?" I hear Nicole ask as I walk out.

"Right here," I say, running up behind her and wrapping my hands around her waist. I then spun her around in the air until she screamed, "Nathan," and I had to put her down.

"I got the tickets!" I say. We walked down to the go-cart track, and smiled at Nicole.

"So I'm doing this, and you definitely are too Nick," I said smiling. "Anyone else?"

"Me and Matt are going for a swim," Katie says and Matt gives a look to Liam that I don't completely understand.

"I don't!" Sam says eyeing the track.

"That's okay little buddy," I tell him.

"We're in," Gavin says putting his arm around his girlfriend.

"Us too dude," Jesse says, staring down the road.

"Well that's six then," I say. "Let's go get in line."

"Wait, I wanna go too," Cole pipes up and we all freeze.

"Well someone has to watch Sam," Nikki says walking backwards. Sam rolls his eyes at me and I shrug and follow her to the line.

"So City Girl," Gavin says looking at Nicole. "Why are you even trying? This is speed driving, you can't go over fifty in the city with all the traffic, you're only gonna lose," he gives a small laugh.

The line moved ahead as the next group went in.

I punched him in the shoulder discreetly.

"You'd be surprised what a city girl can do Gavin," Nicole says, laughing.

"Oh really?" I join in on the teasing. "Can you fix your lip gloss while driving? Or maybe your hair?" I laugh and try to mess up her hair but she jumped back, almost knocking Jesse to the ground.

"Don't," she says quickly, hitting my hand. Normally, I'd be fine with it, but this was Nicole, and I took everything she did too seriously. Her eyes widen after a second and she realizes what she did and tries to fix it by laughing and says, "I can kick your ass at this Nate."