Chapter 17: Going in Circles - Nicole

Chapter 17- going in circles

Nicole's P.O.V.

I woke up early the next morning. Like six forty-five early. I picked up my necklace and put it back on. I then rooted through my bag until I found my black shorts, a white tank top and my silver ring with fake diamonds and pretty black lines going through it.

I quickly went to the bathroom and changed. I then went back into the master bedroom to do my hair and do my make-up. I put moose in my hair to hold the curl and carefully straitened my bangs over my forehead, the way I've worn them since I was fourteen. After that I applied a bit of make-up and finished by putting on lip-gloss.

I checked my phone and I still had no messages from Rhyan. I randomly started going through my old pictures and saw the big group picture we'd taken at my going away party.

I missed everybody so much and I felt the tears coming on so I put my phone away and went downstairs.

I figured since it was so early no one would be up, so I made some cereal for breakfast and heated up some left over hot chocolate and went to sit out on the deck.

Being outside in a tank top and shorts was freezing but I wasn't moving. The view was spectacular. All around mountains surround the little house, the sun was just over top of one and it gave everything a sunny haze.

I finished my cereal and put down the bowl.

"You're up early," I turn my head to see Katie with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"I'm always up early," I say and put my hot chocolate down. "How about you?"

"Couldn't sleep," she answered as she sat in the chair next to me.

"True."

"So how are you? With Nate I mean. I really want to see him happy after all these years." She says.

"Nate's sweet, I really want something to happen between us, but I still don't know how he feels about me," I say and take a drink.

"Well I hope it works out, he really needs someone to keep him close, to love him."

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

"Well, Nate's always been a sweet kid, but when his parents got divorced, it hit him hard; he was fourteen when it happened. His family always seemed so strong, and then one day half of his family was just gone. Over the next few years his grades slipped, he bought a motorcycle and he got into a lot of trouble. He was lost." She took a sip of her coffee.

"How did he get over it?" I asked

"Well, I think it had to do a lot with Gavin, they've become like brothers, and for a time, he thought they could be, and I think that helped shock him back to himself," she replied

"What?" I inquired confused. Katie blushed.

"Nate had a thing for me not too long ago. Or at least Gavin said he did. He said that Nate started to care again when he realized he liked me, because he knew I wouldn't go out with a bad guy." She looked down and played with her rings.

"So, you guys went out before?" My heart felt like it sank into my stomach.

"No, after Nate snapped out of it, he came to the conclusion that I wasn't his type. And he's not mine."

"Oh," was all I could say.

"Don't worry," she said and put her hand on my arm. "He has no feelings for me, not like that. He's my brother, and nothing else."

I shivered and she stood up.

"It's too cold out here," she turned to walk inside but stopped when she heard a noise. "I think I know who that is, I'll get you a blanket." She smiled at me and went in the house.