Chapter 60: Start of End- Nate and Nicole

A/N: This is the final official chapter of Chaos. The only thing left after this chapter is the Epilogue, which will be posted shortly. To start, I'd just like to thank each and everyone who has suported us throughout the writing and posting of this book, and I'd like to say that each one of you has made us inspired to continue writing, so this is for you. Finally, I hope you will enjoy. List of names at the bottom for a special 'thank you'.

   "Turning words into art requires the skill of letting your imagination roam free." -CMStories  

-CMStories

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Final Chapter-

-Nate and Nicole

-Start of End-

-Nate-

I didn't get to sleep at all. It was about seven o'clock when I stomped downstairs and plopped on the couch. Jesse, Katie and Gavin, who had stayed up with me for most of the night, we're passed out on the floor.

"Come on guys," I say loud enough to startle Jesse into banging his forehead on the coffee table, "It's Christmas."

"Nate, can't you let us sleep? We stayed up with you all night; I'm not blaming you for that, but I need my sleep," said a groggy Gavin.

"I can't. You know I'd like to but we're leaving as soon as Nicole wakes up."

"Actually," Jesse says rubbing his forehead, "we're celebrating for an hour first, remember?"

"Right. I wonder when Nicole will be up," I say, my arm draped across my head. I felt like I'd throw-up any moment, but there was literally nothing left in my stomach, and it just made me gag and want to die. (Not really, hope I didn't jinx myself.)

"Fine!" said a mass of hair that hid Katie.

"Let her sleep," said Gavin, who moved my legs to sit next to me. "She's been up for forty eight hours straight. The girl needs rest."

"I'll let her wake up whenever, but we need to make sure we're ready to leave at a moments notice."

"Oh, I see how it is. Let your girlfriend sleep in but wake your faithful friends who've slaved over you all night. I see how it is, mate," Gavin said, with a lighthearted chuckle.

"I really appreciate it-"

"Don't start, we know, I was only kidding."

"Shut up," grumbled Katie, who was straightening her clothes. I adverted my gaze, my face getting hot.

"I can't believe I only got one hour of sleep," Jesse whined.

"I can't believe you didn't realize it was eight hours. You were the first one asleep," I said, making Gavin chuckle weakly.

"Whatever," Jesse says, yawning and sitting on the coffee table. Gavin stood and walked upstairs, presumably to go on guard duty. A few minutes pass, and I get bored quickly.

"I want to see Nicole," I mumble.

"Not yet," says Katie, having tided up.

"I wanna see her," I repeat after a few minutes.

"For the millionth time, she is asleep Nate," Jesse said, rolling his eyes.

"Jesse, I think this is a little more important," I say, and then wish for a bomb to drop on my as I gag painfully.