Assistance

It turned out that The Master had been one step in front of me the whole time. He knew what was going to happen, he had seen me killing Dorian, getting thrown off of the ship, and worse of all, getting stuck with Graham. I was both amazed and annoyed that he had known all of this. I could still be with Jack if he had warned me about any of this.

"Wait, why are we pulling out of the port? Where's the crew?" I asked, looking over the side of the ship.

"We don't need a crew, we're fine by ourselves." The Master replied calmly.

"But...wait, if we needed one you would know, wouldn't you?"

He just nodded.

"I can see this becoming very annoying."

"We should be at the island in a couple of hours."

"Oh, really? Well, in that case, keep doing what you're doing."

The Master instructed me to go below deck and into one of the rooms. In there, I was supposed to find a range of weapons that I was to prepare for us to use. There were guns and swords meaning that he knew there was going to be a fight. I slumped down in my chair, rubbing my face with my hands. Why couldn't things just be simpler?

Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't become a pirate. It wasn't really my choice but it was the only way to stay alive. I shuddered at the thought of what my life was like before this. Although if I had never stumbled upon this way of living, I would have never met Jack, along with many of my other good friends and all those countries full of adventures, they would have been left unexplored. I wondered what sort of people were wanting someone like Dorian. They were important, I knew that, but how important must you be to want a monster?

"Your majesty," The Master came into the room,"I-"

"Who the hell is steering this thing?!" I screamed, panicking.

"You forget that I possess traits that aren't of this world."

"Oh, yeah."

"Well, your majesty-"

"Stop, calling me that, please."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, I need to get back into the habit again."

"Why? You're not making any sense."

"You're still a queen, a widow to Dorian Seas despite the fact that you killed him yourself."

"I still don't see why you have to call me that."

He sat on one of the sofas, gesturing for me to sit down too. As I sat, I felt an uneasy sensation in my stomach, knowing that this talk wasn't going to be pleasant.

"On the Island of Iros, there are three high priests-"

"Of course there are priests."

"Stop interrupting."

I sat back, staying silent.

"Anyway, these priests only have control of the island because they have ultimate power, even more than I do. They don't just look after the island though, they're also in charge of the whole planet."

'No pressure then.'

"So, the only reason they wanted Dorian was because he was a threat to the whole world, I'm surprised that they didn't want you. Jack has obviously made a deal with them, resulting in him getting something in return."

"But what's the problem if he's dead? Weren't they going to kill him anyway?"

"Iros' High Priests are very picky, they have certain rules that shouldn't be broken."

"What's going to happen?"

"You're going to persuade them that it was a justice thing for you to kill him."

"Me? I just want to get Jack."

"Yes but in order to do that you must face the High Priests."

"Can't we just tempt Jack to us? Like, I don't know, lay out bottles of rum that lead to the ship?"

"It's a good plan, but no, it's what the future has planned. If you change it now, you may never get to see Jack."