Lies

What the hell had I just witnessed? Davy wanted ninety nine souls in three days and we were set for Tortuga. My mind was still trying to process everything and it was all too much. We had to find ninety nine souls willing to spend the rest of their life serving Davy Jones, the Black Pearl was back and Jack was alive. How the hell had this all happened?

"Miss Pearl, are you alright?" Someone asked me. I couldn't see straight, everything had gone blurry. Snatching a rum bottle off of someone near me, I took a long swig. There wasn't much left in it after that but I gave it back all the same.

"Scarlett!" The crew went about their business knowing that things were going to get very ugly,"Never thought I'd see you in a dress again."

I slapped him hard round the face,"I had to see if you were real."

"Oh, right. Well I-"

I slapped him again, Jack crying out in pain,"Where were you!? I thought you were dead!" I screamed.

"Look, this isn't the time or place-"

"I don't care! You died in my arms, Jack. I held you as you died and now you are suddenly alive!? How the hell is that even possible?!" I shoved him hard so that he stumbled backwards.

"If you just let me explain then I'll-"

"Why would you do this to me Jack?" I whispered. There was no more energy left in me.

"Come on, we need to talk. In private." Jack said quietly, guiding me towards the stairs, leading down the decks.

           We went down to his cabin but none of us would talk. I couldn't even bear to look at him. All of those nightmares and hallucinations had tortured me all that time, I had drank my past away, hoping to forget everything. Yet here I was, facing my fears.

"How are you even alive?" I finally broke the silence.

"Remember the Fountain of Youth?" He asked.

I scoffed,"How could I forget?"

"I also got some drops of it. I wasn't totally dead when they removed my body from your arms. I instructed them to let me drink it. And well, here I am."

"What about the Black Pearl?" I sniffed.

"Ah, that. Let's just say the ritual wasn't the same without your naked dancing." I laughed quietly. The smile on my face soon disappeared.

"For this past year, I've done nothing but drink. At first, I thought it was because of the alcohol that I was seeing you. But there were nights when I hadn't been drinking and I would see you standing there, as if you had never died." I took a deep breath before continuing,"The nightmares were the same becoming tedious over time. I was scared to be both awake and asleep. That's why I drank."

"I know."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do. I've been going through the same thing. You think I had it easy not being able to come and rescue you from your drinking disaster? I had men on the look out for you, each of them telling me the same story."

"So why didn't you come back?"

"It was too dangerous for you. It was too soon, I had to wait it out. Make people believe I really was dead."

I had started to cry again. It wasn't my fault, I couldn't help myself,"I'm sorry, it's just...I thought you were dead for so long and now...now you're back." I laughed. Was I going mental?

"I'm back now. That's all that matters."