The Adventure Begins

Even though I had already had a short nap, I decided to go back to sleep. Despite the dreams I may have had, the next day would come quicker. There was a need inside of me that needed to know what was going on. I hated it when I was the only clueless one which used to be a lot when he was alive.

        I closed my eyes and all that came to mind was him. The environment was too familiar. Though it pained me to even think about becoming a pirate again, I knew I would never get away from this life. I didn't choose this life, it chose me. Or that's what I told myself at least.

"You're just going to go to sleep, Scarlett. You've done this over a billion times before, it's not hard." I said to myself. Taking a deep breath, I got into a comfortable position.

"Scarlett."

No, he wasn't there. Don't look.

"Scarlett, please."

It's not real. He's not real.

       To my surprise, it worked. I didn't have to shout or scream at a figment of my imagination. My brain was finally starting to get it's self together. I was becoming sane again. Well, I hoped so anyway.

                     *~*~*~*~*~*

"Rise and shine!"

        I spluttered as water was poured onto my face. Rubbing my eyes, I saw Mr Gibbs standing above me. He was holding a cup above me, probably empty now but he was reaching out for the jug full of water. Quickly sitting up, I glared at him making him set down the jug.

"What do you want?" I said groaning.

"It's about that adventure I mentioned yesterday." He said, looking nervous.

"What about it?"

"It may have to be postponed." He gestured behind him.

       I peeked around him to come face to face with someone who wasn't a part of our crew. He was holding a sword to Mr Gibbs' back. 

"Oh, I see your point."

      The man pushed us down the corridors and up to the top deck. This man was not really a man. He was more like a creature. His face was in the shape of a hammerhead shark and his body was covered with shells and barnacles. I knew who had captured our ship. I just hoped they wouldn't know me.

        As we boarded the top deck, there were more sea like creatures. Some were actual sea creatures, even shell men whilst others were men covered in barnacles. They all repulsed me, it was hard not to be sick in their presence. The crew were on their knees in a line, each of them with a sword to their neck. And there he was, I could see the tentacles flailing around his shoulders and down the back of his neck.

"I've waited a long time for this." He said.

"Well sorry but I'm going to have to cut you short. Get off my ship." I crossed my arms over my chest. He turned around, looking as horrible as ever.

Davy Jones.

"Miss Pearl, always a pleasure to see you. How long has it been? Eight years?" He pouted, acting sad.

"Sadly, that's very true. Now I'll ask nicely, please get off of my ship." I repeated.

"If I recall, this isn't actually your ship. I'm looking for Dorian Seas."

I hesitated as flashbacks of Dorian came back to me. My confidence died down,"He, uh...He isn't here. I haven't seen him for over a year."

"So how come this is your ship? I remember giving this to him."

"She's married to him." Someone blurted out. I mentally cursed, knowing who I wanted dead first.

"Married? I didn't know you had it in you Scarlett." Davy laughed. He walked over to me, starting to circle my body.

"I was forced into it, otherwise people would die."

"Oh, someone you care about. That's happened to me too you know. I don't like to dwell on it too much."

"I can see that."

"What about Jack Sparrow? You were there when we made the deal."

       I kept telling myself I wouldn't, I wouldn't crumble in front of him. But I did, one tear rolled down my cheek and before I could wipe it away, a tentacle reached out instead. I whimpered as I felt the slime on my face but stood my ground. His face was inches away from mine.

"What's wrong dear? Has he run off with another woman? Left you with all the trouble?" He sneered.

"He's dead. He's been dead for a year."

"Men, remove your hats. Let us all have a moment for our dear friend, Jack Sparrow."

      At first, they all looked serious as they took off their hats though some were smirking. As soon as Davy started laughing they all did. I scoffed and turned away, only to be grabbed by Davy.

"Listen to me. I know Sparrow isn't dead. If he was, believe me, I would know."

"He isn't alive! I saw him die, he died in my arms."I screamed.

"Seeing as he is alive, I suspect he'll be coming after you, miss Pearl." He shouted over my screaming. I thrashed at him, trying to get out of his arms. Both crews had begun to shout and fight each other. Davy's crew was winning,"That means you'll have to come with us!"

       Struggling with my squirming, he pushed me into the arms of another crew member. All I could see was my crew getting killed in a million murderous ways. One person who was missing was Mr Gibbs. He was probably dead.

Because of me.

"No! No, you can't do this! You're a filthy liar, I don't believe you for one second! JACK IS DEAD!"

"Shut her up." Davy ordered. I was turned around so that I was facing the crew member holding me. He cackled before pushing me into the railings. After that, it was black.