Tragic Back Story

The next time I woke, I was in a dress. The first thought that can to my head was 'Who even dressed me?'. I had completely ignored the fact about being kidnapped. Looking around me, I saw that in was in a cabin, laying on a bed. Darkness filled the room, signalling that it was still nighttime. I'd probably been unconscious for an hour or so, there was no way of telling.

My feet didn't support me as I stood up, instead I just fell back onto the bed. Without realising, I wiped away the tears that had started to fall. I was sick of this. Sick of the running away, sick of the pain others had to inflict because of me. But despite hating it, the satisfaction it gave me was exciting. My body was almost always pumped with adrenaline, keeping me on a high. It was at times like this that I fell into an all time low.

The door creaked open but no one entered the room. It stayed ajar, letting a cool breeze into the room. Using the bed post, I pulled myself to my feet. This time, I was stable and started to walk towards the door. It may have been my only way of getting out of there.

The Flying Dutchman wasn't the best kept ship. Everything was rotting, covered in shells. I had been here before, though I never thought I'd be back here. I had only just escaped with my life last time. Walking on, I tried to find a way out. It wasn't working as well as I hoped it would. I was surprised that there were no crewmen wandering the decks but I wasn't complaining, it made my life easier.

Davy Jones roamed the seas in search of souls to serve upon his vessel for a century. His original purpose was to carry souls of those who died at sea from this world to the next on his ship, The Flying Dutchman. He was charged with this duty by his one true love, a sea goddess named Calypso. For every ten years at sea he could spend one day on land to be with her. Ten years after first being charged with the duty, Jones prepared to be reunited with his true love, but was heartbroken and enraged when she did not appear. Unable to deal with the sadness of Calypso's betrayal, he cut out his heart and placed it in a chest, burying it on the plague island Isla Cruces. This chest became known as the Dead Man's Chest.

Jones then abandoned his duties, and instead he now rules the seas as a tyrant with a damned crew bound by oath to serve aboard the Dutchman for one hundred years each. Because Jones and his crew broke their oath on the Dutchman to ferry lost souls, a curse slowly transformed them into sea monsters

Eventually, I found a flight of stairs leading up instead of down. Slowly, I made my way up, coming up to a door. There were small holes in it, no doubt from battle or even the decay of the wood. I peeked through, hoping to catch a glimpse at what was happening. Before I could even get a chance at hearing anything, someone grabbed me from behind, releasing a scream from me. We burst out of the doors, all heads turning towards us. As I struggled, I saw saw Will Turner speaking to Davy Jones. What the hell was he doing here? There were four men, including Will, on their knees in front of Davy. No doubt he was forcing them to join his crew.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I spoke my thoughts.

"Yes, I agree with the lady, what are you doing here?" Davy asked him.

Will mumbled something.

"What?" Davy said.

"Jack Sparrow sent me to settle his debt."

No, no, no, no, no. He wasn't alive.

"Did he now?" Davy smirked,"I'm sorely tempted to accept that offer." Within a blink of an eye, we were on the Black Pearl. No, this was a nightmare, this wasn't real.

But it was.

The Black Pearl's crew was grabbed by the cursed seamen, whilst I was still struggling in the mans hold. That's when I saw him. Jack was there. Flesh and blood, still alive. I crumbled to my knees and the man let me fall. He knew that I wouldn't dare run away, I couldn't even get onto my feet.

"Oh." Jack said realising what had happened.

"You have a debt to pay." Davy stated. With every word, he stepped closer to Jack,"You've been captain of the Black Pearl for thirteen years. That was our agreement."

"Technically I was captain for only two years and I was viscously mutinied upon."

"Then you were a poor captain, but a captain none the less. Have you not introduced yourself all these years as 'Captain Jack Sparrow'?" His crew laughed. I was still on the floor as it felt like my brain had shut down. No one had noticed me yet.

"You have my payment, one soul to serve on your ship. He's already over there." Oh god, he was going to try to waffle his way out.

"One soul is not equal to another!"

"Aha! So we've established my proposal as sound in principle. Now we're just haggling over price." I couldn't believe this. I was still in shock and no one had noticed!

Davy looked at Jack strangely before saying,"Price?"

"Just how many souls do you think my soul is worth?"

Davy made a popping sound with his lips whilst deciding,"One hundred souls, three days."

"Your a diamond mate." Jack turned around and walked off,"Send me back the boy I'll get started right off." He was stopped by one of Davy's crew men.

"I keep the boy. A good faith payment, that only leaves ninety nine more souls to go." His crew cackled, thinking he was a comical genius.

Many times during this discussion, I had tried to speak up. It seemed that my whole body wouldn't respond, nothing was working. I wanted to help Jack but at the same time, shout at him. He had left me to think that he was dead for over a year. I couldn't do this. It was too much to handle at once.

"Have you not met Will Turner?" Jack babbled on. Only this time he was making more sense,"Noble and heroic. Terrific soprano. Worth at least four, maybe three and a half. And did I happen to mention, he's in love?"

Now Davy was listening. If there was anything he went weak for, it was love.

"With a girl," Jack carried on as he circled Davy,"due to be married, betrothed. Dividing him from her and her from him, would only be half as cruel as then allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony, eh?"

Davy was silent before shaking his head,"I keep the boy, ninety nine souls. But I wonder Sparrow, can you live with this? Can you condemn an innocent man, a friend, a lover," i looked up at him,"for a lifetime of servitude in your name whole you roam free?"

Jack thought for a second,"Yep I'm good with it. Shall we seal it in blood, I mean...ink?"

Davy wrapped a tentacle around Jack's hand tightly, causing Jack to let out a small cry of pain and disgust.

"Three days." Davy said as he walked away, his crew cackling as they followed. They all disappeared into the darkness and we were all let free. Some member of our crew helped me to my feet and he!d me in their arms, supporting me. I tried to breathe evenly but nothing was working.

"Mr Gibbs," Jack called he over,"I-I feel sullied and unusual."

"And how do you intend to harvest these ninety nine souls in three days?"

"Fortunately, he was mum as to the souls need be."

"Ah, Tortuga."

"Tortuga."