Screaming, Crying, Perfect Storm

A faint yelling woke me up from my sleep that night. Dorian was still asleep next to me, his arm lazily draped over my waist as always. Lifting his arm up, I slid out from his hold, trying to be as quiet as possible. Grabbing a robe to put on, I slowly walked over to the door, the floorboards creaking slightly underneath my feet. Eventually, I was out of the room without waking Dorian.

    The yelling had stopped all of a sudden but started as soon as I took a step. It sounded like someone in deep torture, or were in a horrible pain. My pace increased as the noise got louder, I was now close to whoever was making the racket. The shouting was leading me to the door Dorian had warned me to stay away from. I checked to see if it was still locked, which it was much to my dismay. There was no way I could go to sleep after this; I needed to find out who was behind that door.

     As I entered my room again, I saw Dorian awake, waiting by his desk. This could only mean I was in trouble. Knowing that I was going to be shouted at, I sat on the end of the bed, waiting to be told off.

"Where were you at this hour?" He said, looking out of the window.

"I couldn't get to sleep so I thought a walk would help." I mumbled. I was always quiet around him.

"So, you didn't go to investigate all that awful yelling?" Dorian was now walking over to me.

"That's when I started to walk back. It scared me."

"Don't lie to me Scarlett." His arms were either side of my thighs, our faces literally a few millimetres away from each other. I started to lean back, not wanting to be this close to him.

"I'm not, I swear."

"You are! I know when you're lying!" He was shouting, leaning over me, now I was lying on the bed. I was frozen from fear.

"Please, Dorian, please get off of me."

"You have to start acting like a queen, my wife. This is our honeymoon for gods sake! We shouldn't be fighting." Dorian's eyes scanned my body, before he caressed my cheek with his hand. He leant down to kiss me and I tried to turn my head so that he would kiss my cheek but he grabbed my face."You never kiss me anymore."

     His grip on my face was strong, too strong for me to get out of. Dorian kissed me anyway, deepening the kiss as one of his hands gripped my thigh. I tried to move his hand but I couldn't reach it, so I ended up having to try and break the kiss.

"Not tonight Dorian. Please." I begged.

"Alright, it is late. Let us just lay together."

      Waking up the next morning, I found that Dorian was not next to me. I could hear the clattering of cutlery coming from the dining room and I made my way there. Dorian was walking to the other side of the table to get the wine, he was shirtless too which had distracted me. That reminded me of the night I first saw him, when I was staring at his biceps.

"We shall be docking shortly my dear. Then, we can explore this island together, maybe even buy some jewellery for you." I was now in his arms, a small peck on the lips coming soon after. I smiled, before getting out of his grip.

"Oh, I just left my robe in the room. Let me get it and then we can start breakfast." Quickly, I rushed back into the bedroom, closing the door behind me.

   Instantly, I began scanning for the keys I had seen on Dorian's belt. It didn't take long until I found them on the belt still in his wardrobe. Unhooking them, I slipped the keys into my boots set out for me, placing them at the back of my wardrobe before grabbing my robe and going back to breakfast. I was getting into that room one way or another.