This Is The End

Jack held Scarlett's lifeless body in his arms, cradling her as if she was a new born baby. He could feel his eyes burn as tears formed. For some reason, taking her life had been easier than he thought it would be and that pained him. The speech he had given to her wasn't to calm her, it was to convince him that this was ok, she was going to be in a better place. But was she? Scarlett was just like him, he had committed many crimes though he had also made up for some of them. Would Scarlett finally have that peace that she had desired for so long?

The Captain heard people approaching. He blocked them out, pulling Scarlett closer to him. Behind him were some of the crew who had no idea what had happened. They all saw their leader holding a body and judging by the dress, it was a beloved friend of theirs. Mr Gibbs was the only one brave enough to step forward and interrupt whatever was happening.

"Jack..." The man wasn't too sure what to say."What happened?"

Never had these men seen Jack Sparrow like this. It was as if someone else had taken over his body. Mr Gibbs had known Jack for most of his life but he had no clue how to handle the situation. Standing next to him, Gibbs also felt his face fall as he saw the young woman he once knew lay dead in his close friends arms.

"Jack." Gibbs urged him to tell the story.

"Bad things happened." Jack sniffed."We're going to bury her. But not here."

"Why?"

"She hated rainforests, couldn't stand them."

"You do what you think is best, you knew her better than any of us."

Everyone stood on the beach, watching as some of the crew lowered the body into the hole that had been dug in the sand. Every crew member took turns in throwing in a shovel worth of sand before three men started to fill the hole. Slowly, people started to walk away, heading back towards the ship. Only Jack and Mr Gibbs were left when the grave was finally filled. The sun was now setting over the Caribbean island, emitting an orange and pink glow across the beach. Jack placed a wooden slate at the top of Scarlett's grave, stating her name and her birth and death date. He stood back, gazing at the dates; she was too young to die.

"Jack? Where to now?" Gibbs asked, knowing that he was thinking the moment.

"I don't know. Anywhere but here."