Curiosity

Although it brought much displeasure to me that Elizabeth was on the ship, I knew that we would complete this quest quicker. She could be a complete pain in the ass but at least the men had something to look at rather than me. She had the same look of disgust on her face as she always did around us primates. It was quite amusing actually.

        Because of my attire, I had found new clothes quickly. There were some shirts lying about, so I nicked one of them, along with some trousers which had to be adjusted to my womanly figure. All in all I looked alright. It didn't matter to me, as long as I didn't die in these clothes that is. How embarrassing...

        Jack, Gibbs and Elizabeth were going over some papers in which Lord Beckett (Of the East India Trading Company) had signed. Jack made disgusted face at the name. I casually strolled over, standing in front of the group. None of them noticed.

"Will was working for Beckett and never said a word!" Gibbs hissed.

"Argh." Jack clutched onto his hand, for reasons I didn't know the answer to.

"Beckett wants the compass. Only one reason for that."

"Of course. He wants the chest."

"Yes, he did say something about a chest." Elizabeth piped up.

"If they have the chest they controls the sea." Gibbs said.

"A truly discomforting notion luv'." Said Jack.

"And bad! Bad for every mothers son what calls himself pirate. I think there's a bit more speed to be forced from these sails. Brace the foreyard!" Mr Gibbs ran away from us. Jack took small steps towards Elizabeth, trying to seem like the bigger person. I walked over to a barrel, listening in on their conversation.

"May I inquire how you came across these letters luv?" He asked.

"Persuasion." She glared at him.

"Friendly?"

"Decidedly not."

"Will strikes for these and upholds it with honour, yet your the one here with the prize. Full pardon: Commission as a privateer on behalf of England and the East India Trading Company. As if I could be bought for such a low price!" He walked away, tucking the letters into his coat.

"Jack, give them back!"

"No. Persuade me."

"You do know Will taught me how to handle a sword." Elizabeth got close to him, whispering in his ear.

"As I said, persuade me." Jack smirked. Why was it that I felt a pang of jealousy in me? As soon as Elizabeth stormed off, I replaced her.

         Jack immediately stopped as I stepped in front of him. Placing my hands on my hips, I stood my ground. He looked a little confused. Jack stepped to one side and I copied. He repeated this but I kept blocking him. After a few more attempts he finally gave up.

"Scarlett, could you please move out of my way?" Jack smiled.

"Persuade me." I snapped.

"Come now Scarlett, don't be like this. I'm just using her."

"How do I know you've not been using me?"

"Because I could never do that to you."

"Oh really?"

"No, I wouldn't want to make that mistake. Again."

"Damn right."

"Look, we need her to undo this doing of Davy Jones but to do that we need the woman to want the thing that I want but don't really want."

I blinked at him, trying to process the whole thing,"So...Elizabeth has to want the chest in order to save Will but then that gives us an advantage as well?"

"Yes! After all these years, we're finally understanding each other."

"Ok, I think I understand what I've got to do."

"Great. You go do whatever it is you must do."

           Jack walked away, looking happy as he did so. Unfortunately, I could sense something bad was going to happen. We had Elizabeth on our ship, meaning that there would be constantly complaining. The last time I saw her, I'd almost thrown a punch at her. If we hadn't been in trouble, I would have done so. But we were in a serious situation. There wasn't anytime for bickering.

And god damn, she got worse and worse.