Release the what now?

It was all hands on deck as soon as we arrived on the ship. The men busied themselves, trying to get us away from the island and more importantly, Davy Jones. Jack seemed a little on edge, though I could understand why at the moment inn time, but it just didn't seem like him. Arguments bursted out between the men over little things, the agitation becoming high. And there was always the questions about Norrington.

"Jack what's with the jar?" I had asked.

"It's nothing." Was the last word I got out of him, before the disaster struck anyway.

        Bursting out of the water, the Flying Dutchman appeared by our side. Everyone immediately backed away and panicked.

"Don't worry darlin', I'll handle this." Jack smirked, walking away. I caught his arm before he could move any further.

"Jack, get back here before you do something stupid. Jack, Jack..." He wriggled away, walking up the railing of the ship.

"Oi, fish face!" Jack shouted, then held up the jar."Lose something, eh? Scungili!" Suddenly he tumbled down the stairs, everyone making a noise of 'ooh' as he landed with a thud. I quickly followed behind, hoping he was alright."Got it!" He held up the jar once again. I helped him to his feet, knowing that this was heading for the worst.

"Jack, stop right now. You're going to get us all killed!" I hissed, yet he still walked on.

"Come to negotiate have you, you slimy git? Look what I've got," he then started to sing,"I've got a jar of dirt, I've got a jar of dirt, and guess what's inside it."

        I face palmed, wishing that Jack would have just shut his mouth for once. The cannons on the Flying Dutchman opened, ready to fire. This just proved my point, things were going to get messy.

"Hard to Starboard!" I screamed, everyone obeying instantly.

"Brace up the foreyard!" Someone else shouted after.

        The Black Pearl was turned around viscously, causing some people to tumble, myself included. Scrambling to my feet, I ran to Jack, launching myself onto him as the cannons fired. He kept a protective arm over the jar and another around me as the explosive sound echoed around us. Both of us leapt up onto our feet, our hands intertwined as we ran up to the steering wheel. Jack started to steer, handing me the bloody jar.

"Why do we even have this!?" I screamed over the noise.

"We need it more than you will ever know! Now gimme!" He yelled back, grabbing it away from me.

        The Black Pearl was finally beating the others as we sped up. I had a bad feeling that something was going to happen. There was no way that Davy would let us win. Someone yelled that they had given up, resulting in everyone cheering.

"Jack,"I grabbed his arm, getting his attention,"this can't be it, he has to put up more of a fight."

"You can't just live in the moment can you?"

"My father is still on that ship," Will interrupted,"if we can outrun her then we can beat her. We should turn around and fight."

"Why fight when you can negotiate?"

"Because, Jack, that is what got us in this mess in the first place." I pointed out.

"All one needs..." He set the bloody jar on the railing,"is a little leverage."

         An unexpected force hit the ship, knocking everyone off of their feet, including the jar which was now smashed. Jack sprinted down to it, gathering up the dirt that was in it, like he was searching for something in a panicked state.

"We must have hit the reef!" A man called out.

"No." Will whispered out.

"No? What do you mean by no?" I asked.

"It's not a reef! Get away from the rail!" He pulled Elizabeth back.

"What is it?" She too asked.

"The kraken. They've released the kraken!"

"They released the what now?" Elizabeth asked, confused.

"Trust me sweetheart, you do not want to know!"

"To arms! Load guns, defend the masts! It'll attack the starboard side. Run out the cannons and hold for my signal!" All orders were shouted out, though I did not care who did it. We needed to prepare ourselves for our worst fight yet.

        Just as I went to grab a sword, someone grabbed me from behind, covering my mouth to hide the screams. Something, that I assumed was rope was wrapped tightly around me. The person hauled me over their shoulder, though no one could hear nor see me. I shouted for Jack over and over but he was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, I was being thrown overboard. My bloodcurdling scream was masked but the shouting on the ship. No one would notice my death.

          There was no splash though nor any water. I hit something hard. Doing my best to sit up, I saw that I was in a boat. Looking up, I saw someone climbing down from the ship. It was Jack, the coward.

"Jack! What do you think you're doing!?" I yelled, as he started to row away.

"I'm saving our lives luv, unless you want to be fish food?" Jack snapped.

"I know that you and the kraken have some unfinished business, but we need to turn back."

"Darling, when will you understand that I am not the hero."

"That is your ship! Our ship."

"Yes, I know."

"So turn back and fight for it."

"Don't want to."

"Fine I'll just swim back then."

"You can't dear, not with the knot I put on that rope."

"Jack," I loosened the ripe and it feel off of my body,"I taught you that knot."

"Oh." I stood up, preparing myself for the swim back."I don't think so."

        Jack stood up too, making the boat topple a little, and he grabbed my waist. We both struggled as I tried to push him off and he tried to keep a hold. This caused the boat to tip over, throwing us into the clear water. Both of us spluttered as we resurfaced, trying to catch our breath.

"You see Jack? Neither of us can win, we know each other too much." I coughed. He groaned before pulling put his compass. Looking at it, his face turned hard, and he slammed it shut."I'm guessing we aren't going to that sandy beach over there?"