Mericcup- Dungeons and Dragons

DISCLAIMER I CAN'T WRITE A SCOTTISH ACCENT TO SAVE MY LIFE JUST IMAGINE IT

"I don't care, I want you to find out what they're doing!" Stoick bellowed.

"Dad, I don't have time for that!" Hiccup insisted.

"Hiccup! Those people are killers. And they've been quiet for too long, they must be up to something!"

Hiccup sighed loudly. "Fine, fine." He pushed back his chair and stood. "But I get some leave after this one, Dad."

"Just get out." His father ordered.

Hiccup saluted sarcastically and went outside, whistling loudly. A large, scaly head bumped his hand and he chuckled. "Looks like we've got work to do, Toothless."

The dragon made his strange chuckling noise and the scale-like flaps along his spine clicked together twice.

Hiccup grabbed Toothless' saddle and began to pack provisions for the trip.

The large dragon began to sniff around the bags, then curled up on the ground to take a nap before the journey.

----------------------

"Toothless, get back here!" Hiccup scrambled through the underbrush, frantically searching for his best friend.

The ride had been smooth, and they'd landed in a small clearing in the forest. Hiccup had been setting up the camp when suddenly he'd heard a flurry of wings. Toothless had taken off and disappeared into the sky.

He knew the dragon couldn't get far without him, but they were still rather close to the castle grounds and the village around it.

"Toothless!"

Hiccup froze as he heard shouting ahead.

"I am Merida, firstborn descendant of Clan DunBroch. And I'll be shooting for my own hand!" A strong voice with a thick accent roared.

Hiccup started to walk over a hill, then caught sight of what was happening beyond it and dropped to the ground, sucking a breath and holding his breath.

Realizing no one had noticed him, he peeked over the ridge.

The field was full of men in plaid kilts. Three targets had been set up, a single arrow on each with varying degrees of success.

A girl was struggling to pull back a bow. At first he thought that she was struggling to pull the bow back due to it's weight, but suddenly he realized that it was the dress she wore that hindered her. The seams tore in several places and the girl took a deep breath before easily pulling back the string of her bow and firing at the first target.

Hearing the thunk, he knew it was spot on. Without stopping, she walked past the second target and fired another perfect shot.

The last target had an arrow in the center already. The mysterious redhead stopped, blowing a strand of her wild, curly mane away from her eyes.

She loosed the arrow and everyone in the field sucked in a breath.

Yells of protest erupted as the arrow on the target split in half. A solid sound floated from the target, where the arrow was buried almost to the fletching.

"Merida!" The other woman he could see, a woman with straight black hair and a stern expression, called out. Something told him that the strained smile on her face would not stay there for long.

Toothless chose that moment to let out a roar of mixed terror and anger. Hiccup whirled, knowing his best friend was in trouble.

He missed the exchange on the field behind him.