Clariver-Secrets Secrets Are No Fun

I DON'T SHIP THIS, SOMEONE MENTIONED SHIPPING THESE TWO AND I WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD WRITE IT! I DO SHIP THE ORIGINAL COUPLES THESE CHARACTERS COME FROM

Clarisse slunk through the forest, spear at the ready. No way was Jackson winning this game.

She could hear yelling and weapons clashing in the forest near her, but they all stayed relatively far away.

"Going somewhere?" She jumped and whirled, her spear at the speaker's throat in a heartbeat.

"Grover! I didn't know you were playing."

"I'm not." He grinned. "I was practicing my pipes and saw you go past."

"Oh." Clarisse lowered her spear and smiled. "Well, I've got to go."

"Why?"

"In case you didn't know, Underwood, there's a game of Capture the Flag going on and I'm not letting Jackson win."

Grover sighed, his shoulders slumping a little. "Alright. I just-"

"Never get to see me, I know. I'm sorry, it's just we've been keeping this a secret so long-" Clarisse began.

"Yeah." Grover looked up again, his smile back. "Go get 'em, hon."

Clarisse laughed and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. She noticed that he was finally taller than her and smiled. "Thanks babe." She turned and charged into the woods.

Grover sat on a stump and watched her run until he couldn't see her any more.

He hadn't really intended for anything to happen between him and the daughter of war. It had just.... happened.

Aphrodite really was a strange goddess.

It had just been a few stolen kisses so far, and hours away from everyone, talking.

Yes, they actually were talking. Grover had been surprised to know just how long Clarisse could carry on a conversation that kept him involved.

She, in turn, had been surprised when he had offered to spar her, satyr magic against spear.

That had been the first kiss. Clarisse tied to the ground and Grover carefully maneuvering around the sharp, electrified weapon while gathering his courage.

Caught in his memories, Grover didn't realize how long he'd been sitting there. Soon he heard cheering and a horn blowing. Figuring the game was over, he stood and headed into the clearing where the campers usually gathered when the flag had been captured.

He entered the clearing and pushed through the mob of campers to see an ecstatic Clarisse waving a flag that was red and had a boar's head with crossed spears on it. Percy and Annabeth stood off to the side, clapping and cheering but looking a bit put out that they had lost.

The Dream Team had actually been beaten.

And by his girl no less.

Grover felt his chest swell. His Clarisse had won the game.

"I DID IT!" She cheered, the Ares cabin following her lead.

Grover loosed a whistle of appreciation, listening as it mixed among the cheering and clapping.

"Champions of this battle are the Red Team!" Chiron announced.

Red-plume-clad teens pumped their fists in the air.

"Grover!" The satyr looked up sharply at the sound of his name.

Clarisse stood in front of him, her face flushed in excitement and her eyes bright.

"I did it." She repeated, sounding like she'd broken every record in the world.

"Yeah you did." Grover grinned at her.

Without thinking, both of them surged forward at the same time, their lips crashing together with finality.

The clearing went mostly silent in shock. The Stoll brothers let out half-hearted wolf-whistles, but they were as flabbergasted as everyone else.

Clarisse's eyes widened as they pulled away and she realized what had just happened.

"Uh...."

Grover, his face slightly red with embarrassment, flashed her a sheepish smile.

"Guess that's in the open now..."

To his surprise, Clarisse chuckled. "Imagine if they'd seen the first one."

Grover laughed. "We could recreate it if you'd like."

She pretended to think about it. "Hmmm...Maybe not. I would settle for another plain one though."

"Done." Grover pulled her close and kissed her sweetly.

"What the Hades?! Underwood!" An angry voice bellowed. It was soon followed by a pair of rather large arms that yanked them apart.

Chris Rodriguez was absolutely furious as he rounded on Grover. 

"You stole my girlfriend!" He swung a fist at the satyr.

Grover ducked and backpedaled quickly. "No I didn't! Just ask her!"

"LIAR!" Chris lunged again, but he was hit by what seemed like a truck.

"Will you just get over yourself?!" Clarisse demanded, shoving Chris back again.

"But Clarisse-"

"You were a crush. That's all really. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

Meanwhile, Grover was being confronted by an angry tree nymph.

"Grover, how could you?!"

The satyr stuttered out a useless apology, but Juniper had heard enough. She turned to Clarisse, ready to threaten her, but found the daughter of Ares holding a wicked sharp sword.

"Got something to say? Cause I got a tree to cut down if you do."

Juniper paled and looked to Grover for support, but when she got none, she ran out of the clearing, her eyes tinting green as she began to cry.

Clarisse and Grover's eyes met and they each saw a twinge of regret in the other's.

But it was worth it when each saw the other smile.

"Nice catch, G-Man!"

"Shut up, Prissy."