PJO/HoO-Tiny, Angry Italian

"Nico, look out!"

Jason's voice rang out over the fight, startling us all a little bit.

I dispatched the Telkhine in front of me and turned to help my cousin, only to have my jaw drop as I watched him flip out of the way of a golden sword.

Literally, flip. Like, a back handspring or something.

Nico's sword swished as he rushed back into the fight, re-attacking his opponent, a very surprised looking dracenea.

Focus on that later! I berated myself, charging a hellhound.

"Percy! I need a veil!" Jason yelled. I pulled water out of the air and covered the monsters in front of us with a thin layer of it.

"Go!"

Jason raised his gladius to the sky and a bolt of lightning crashed into it. He sent the lightning forward and there was a huge explosion of gold dust as many of the monsters disintegrated.

"Nice shot, man!" I shouted.

"Thanks bro!"

"Yah!" Piper let out a yell of sheer frustration as she decapitated the last monster.

"I hate empousai!" She complained as one said monster crumbled to dust.

Jason chuckled.

"Okay, did anyone else see what I saw?" Leo asked. 

We all looked at Nico, who was inspecting a chip in his sword.

"What?" He asked when he finally noticed all the eyes on him.

"How did you even do that?" Leo burst out.

"Do what?" 

"Nico, you just back handspringed out of an attack." Annabeth said.

So it was a back handspring. I was right!

"I-uh..." Nico went sort of red.

"Dude, seriously, a flip? Where in Hades did that come from?" I asked.

"Well...I...Look, it's not my fault I'm..." He trailed off, frowning.

"You're what?"

Nico ignored Piper's question, his frown deepening.

"Nico? You okay?" Annabeth asked slowly.

"I'm fine." He snapped shortly.

"Nico-" Jason began.

"Che cosa?! Sto bene, non riesco proprio a ricordare la parola che è tutto. Inglese non è la mia prima lingua ricordate?!" Nico ranted in Italian.

"Um...anyone know what he's saying?" Frank asked quietly.

"I can understand bits and pieces." Leo volunteered. "But not enough to get a coherent sentence."

"Leo, do you even know what coherent means?" I asked.

"Do you, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth challenged. 

I flushed, "...no...."

"Thought not. Although I'm sure Leo doesn't either."

We glanced at Nico, who was still yelling in Italian, his hand gestures growing as he got more frustrated.

"Perché doveva succedere ora, qual è la mia fortuna, il destino mi odiano!" He groaned.

"Seriously, what is he saying?" Piper asked. Hazel was trying to calm him down, but it didn't seem to be working.

"As far as I can tell, he's complaining that he can't remember a word in English and how the fates hate him, et cetera." Leo said.

We all turned to look at Nico, who noticed us staring.

"Smettere di fissarmi come se fossi matto!" He snapped.

I raised an eyebrow at Leo.

"He said stop staring at him."

Nico's eyes lit up and he beckoned Leo closer.

"Uh...what?" The Latino asked cautiously.

"Parola inglese, mi serve la parola inglese." 

"Okay, what word?"

"Acrobatico." Nico said.

Leo started laughing. "Dude, just drop the 'O' and you've got it."

Nico blushed furiously. "Oh yeah..." He muttered.

"What were you saying before that whole thing, Nico?" Jason asked, trying not to laugh along with the rest of us.

"I said it's not my fault I'm acrobatic!" He scowled as we howled with laughter.

"Chill man, it's just funny that you forgot the word." I said.

"Ascolta qui, è irritante pezzi di sterco di Minotauro! Essere bilingue è un Ade di molto più difficile di quanto sembri, in modo da smettere di fare gioco di me prima che a tutti voi mando a Tartaro!"

Leo fell over laughing as Nico switched to Italian again, probably out of sheer frustration at our antics.

"Vi odio tutti! E 'non è uno scherzo, non è divertente!"

Annabeth sighed. She had stopped laughing by now, probably thinking something that we weren't. Who am I kidding, she's always thinking something we aren't.

"Perché gli dei mi odiano ?! Che cosa ho mai fatto per irritare loro? Voglio dire, oltre ad essere vivo, ma non è colpa mia!" Nico's voice took on a complaining note.

Jason took a few deep breaths, then moved to pat Nico's shoulder.

"You okay? It's just a bit of fun, you know." He said.

Nico whirled to face him, arms flailing.

"No, non sto bene! Questo non è dannatamente divertente, Gr-"

Slap!

Nico's face went red and he pulled his arms close to his sides.

"Oh my gods, Nico!" Hazel yelped.

"It was an accident, I swear!" The son of Hades responded, blushing for all he was worth.

Jason picked his glasses off the ground slowly. He put them on and massaged his cheek lightly.

"Di Immortales, that hurt." He muttered.

"I'm sorry!" The pale boy exclaimed again.

"S'okay."

"That was a good one, though, you have to admit." Piper commented.

We looked at her.

"It was! You rarely get a sound like that unless it's a good, solid slap."

We burst out laughing again, Nico joining in after a moment.

[A/N I know, I usually don't do these with one shots, but it's kinda needed. Here's all the Italian translations, according to Google translate!

1. What?! I'm fine, I just can't remember the word that's all. English isn't my first language remember?!

2. Why did this have to happen now, what is my luck, the fates hate me!

3. Stop staring at me like I'm crazy!

4. English word, I need the English word.

5. Acrobatic.

6. Listen here, you irritating pieces of Minotaur dung! Being bilingual is a Hades of a lot harder than it sounds, so stop making fun of me before I send you all to Tartarus!

7. I hate you all! It's not a joke, it isn't funny!

8. Why do the gods hate me?! What did I ever do to irritate them? I mean, aside from being alive, but that isn't my fault!

9. No, I'm not okay! This isn't freaking funny, Grace!]