Pipercy(No Romance)- Cheat Codes

"Jackson, I swear if you don't turn your ship around I will shoot you out of the sky right here and now!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes and grabbed her headphones from her dresser. She was deeply regretting having introduced her college roommate to her boyfriend. Most of the time they got along, but now was not one of those times. Piper was an intense gamer, as was Percy, and right now they were attempting to work together.

It didn't seem to be working.

"Percy! There is no possible way your health just went up!" Piper yelled into her headset, her fingers flying across the keyboard and shooting to her mouse every four seconds.

"Are you using cheat codes?!" She demanded seconds later.

Annabeth could barely hear Percy's answer over the sounds of the game since Piper had her headphones hanging around her neck and the volume cranked up to the top, but the Native American girl obviously wasn't happy with it.

"You can't be serious right now! Not only are you using cheat codes, you're using them against your own team!"

Annabeth held in a chuckle.

Piper subsided into muttered insults mixed with swearing, her fingers hitting the keyboard so hard that Annabeth feared she might break the computer.

"I am not going there, that's a death wish. I fly down there and I'm stuck, I've got three enemy ships on my tail and my guns are too damaged for my engineers to repair them in time to get the lift I'll need to get over that canyon wall.

"Jackson, I need cover. I'm going to turn and try to get between the ships. Take down the most damaged one and give me an opening."

This time Annabeth heard Percy's response more clearly. Piper must have adjusted the volume ratio of the game to her Skype call.

"Roger that, McLean."

"Don't get smart with me either, just do it." Piper ordered.

Annabeth discreetly moved behind her roommate to see what they were playing.

Judging by the steampunk style and the flying ships, they must have been playing Guns of Icarus.

"Call me that again!" Piper suddenly screamed at the screen. "Freaking try it!"

Annabeth squinted to read the chat. It seemed they were playing a team from Great Britain. The chat read 'Belt up you bleeding prat!'

Piper had responded to it with what she had said aloud, then someone on her team had said something about her being completely ready to rip them to pieces which 'is taking it's toll on my eardrums.' Annabeth assumed that was Percy.

"Jackson, stop shooting me!" Piper snapped.

Annabeth watched the scene unfold. Piper's avatar was at the helm with her choppy brown hair flying in the wind, wrenching the wheel back and forth to try and keep their ship in the air. Two AI characters raced back and forth across the ship, fixing things as fast as they could while another sat in the gunner's seat. Piper could control her shooter as well.

Percy's avatar, a muscular man with bright blue hair, was firing non-stop from his position at the three ships that blocked Piper's path. Occasionally his character would fire off a shot at Piper, which was the cause of all the screaming.

"Percy, I am at 15 health and I literally hate you right now." The ship started to lift and Piper's tirade towards her teammate turned to a cheer of elation. "I can get over them! Keep shooting!"

Seconds later she slammed her hand down on the desk. "Not me you-"

"Language, darling." Percy said loudly. Piper pulled up their Skype call for a moment to flip him off.

Percy's laughter echoed over the headphones. "Thanks teammate. Hi Wise Girl!"

"Hey Percy." Annabeth was watching Piper's screen. She leaned forward and pointed at one of the ships. "Hit it there, that's a vital point."

Piper switched to her gunner and fired twice. The ship she was aiming at burst into flames and began to spiral downward towards the floor of the canyon.

"Nice call, Chase. You got anything else?"

Annabeth squinted at the two ships left onscreen.

"That's Percy's?" She asked.

"Yes." Piper growled as the ship they were discussing downed one of her mechanics. "Not that he's helping much!" The last part was sarcastically directed towards her microphone and therefore, her teammate.

Annabeth analyzed the fight, then made her decision.

"Put two shots there with your big gun, then three there." She tapped Percy's ship on the screen, then the other ship.

"Interesting. Let's see how it works." Piper switched to her gunner again and popped two shots off at Percy.

An indignant 'Hey!' echoed over the Skype call as Percy's ship listed to the side drastically, causing it to smash into one of the canyon walls. "Scree you, McLean!" He shouted.

Piper ignored him, turning her gun on the last ship standing.

Within seconds the sign signaling the end of the match and the overall winning team flashed across the screen.

"You should make an account." Piper told Annabeth with a chuckle.

"No thanks." The blonde responded.

"You guys suck." Percy said over the Skype call.

Piper laughed. "You'll survive, Percy."

[A/N I know I usually don't do notes with this book, but it's worth saying that while this game (Guns of Icarus) is real, I have no idea how it works or if anything I just wrote about can actually happen in the game 😂 that's all I wanted to say!]