Percabeth-Marriage

Third Person POV

Annabeth lay across her bed, glaring at the ceiling.

"Miss, you need to get up. It starts in two hours."

"I don't need two hours to get ready for that accursed ceremony." Annabeth sneered, plopping a pillow down over her face.

"Now, Miss, I know you don't like the concept of an arranged marriage-"

"Why would anyone?!" The princess roared, sitting upright and hurling her pillow at the girl speaking. "I'm going to be attached to the hip of a 60 year old or older man for the rest of his life! And when he dies, I'll be killed and buried with him! Whoever thought this would be a good idea should rot in the deepest pits of Hades!"

The servant girl sighed and went back to work pulling out the dress that Annabeth was to be wearing in an hour and a half, ready to go.

Annabeth scowled at the creamy white material and buried herself in her blankets and pillows again.

"Please, Miss, I don't want to get in trouble." The maid said. "Will you put on the dress?"

"No."

"Very well. I'll be back in about twenty minutes."

Annabeth sat up once the maid left the room. She considered slashing the dress to ribbons with her dagger, just to prove her anger and abhorrence of the situation she had been forced into.

Shaking her head, she settled for glaring at the thing like she could make it burst into flames.

The thought of running did cross her mind a few times, but she'd tried that before and her father's men were some of the most skilled trackers in the realm.

As she glared at the dress, her mind began to take a darker turn, contemplating options for a more...permanent...escape.

"Alright, Miss, your father is being insistent." The maid was back. Annabeth could see her hands shaking. There were sharp red marks across them.

"What did he do to you?" She asked.

"He had my hands whipped." The servant girl said quietly, gingerly picking up the dress.

"Why would he do that?" Annabeth asked softly.

"I asked him if there was any way to stop this arrangement." The girl responded after a moment's hesitation.

Annabeth stared at her. "You didn't have to do that."

"You're my mistress. Seeing you unhappy makes me sad." The girl shrugged. "Please put on the dress."

Annabeth sighed and took the cream colored garment, feeling it's soft material slide across her skin as she put it on.

The maid began to pin her curls back from her face, framing it, and added the veil atop it. She brushed some dark dust across Annabeth's eyelids and dabbed a light lip paint on.

"You look beautiful, Miss."

"Well I certainly hope my forced husband likes it." Annabeth scowled at her reflection.

"I'm sure he will, Miss." The maid smiled. "You are a gift to any man."

Annabeth turned to her. "Thank you, but no amount of assurance will make me feel as if this is right."

The girl nodded and left the room. Annabeth sat on the bed again, thinking of what her new life could be like. She imagined a lot of lavishing from whatever husband she had, but only if she did things for him.

"Will he force me into things?" She asked aloud. She'd never actually met her suitor, just been told that it was arranged that he would be marrying her.

"Annabeth? Annabeth, my girl, are you ready?" Her father's booming voice echoed through the corridor.

Annabeth took a deep breath and stood, marching to the door and fixing her father with a deep scowl. "If I must be."

"You must." Her father replied coldly. Taking her arm in a not so soft grip, he led her down the hallway towards the outdoor area the ceremony would be in.

"Why do I have to do this?" Annabeth demanded for the millionth time.

"Because we need peace with this nation. They are dangerous and having them as an ally for if our other enemies rise against us is imperative." Her father said in an irritated tone, like she should know this.

"And why must we use a wedding? Why not sign a treaty?" Annabeth sneered.

"Paper. Bah. We must band together to survive and that involves you cooperating and marrying this man."

They reached the closed off area that she would wait in and her father left her there. Once again, Annabeth contemplated a run for it, but the doors opened before she could attempt it.

She kept her eyes on the ground as she walked towards her new captor. Reaching his side, she awaited the invitation to face him.

When the words were finally spoken, Annabeth turned and looked up, expecting a wrinkled face with little or no hair framing it.

The handsome black haired teen standing in front of her chuckled quietly at her surprised face.

"Expecting someone older? Hello, my name is Percy."