PJO/HoO-Christmas Time Is Here

Annabeth POV

I woke up to people laughing loudly outside and something hitting my window.

Sitting up and stretching, I noticed that I was the last person in my cabin to get up. It was bright outside, but I knew it wasn't that late because I rarely slept in.

Another peal of laughter caught my attention at the same time something hit my window again.

Looking over, I stared at the remains of a snowball sliding down the glass.

"It snowed." I said to no one in particular. "Oh my gods, it snowed!"

Leaping up, I ran to my trunk and began to dig to the bottom, trying to find my winter clothes. I finally settled for a grey knit sweater and jeans with hiking boots, since I couldn't find my snow boots. I put on a winter jacket as well. Grabbing a pair of earmuffs and pulling on a pair of gloves, I ran over and threw the door open.

The first thing I saw was a snowball flying at me. Slamming the door closed, I ducked and scooped up a handful myself, taking aim at my assaulter.

"Oh you're dead, Jackson!" I heard Clarisse scream as I pelted Malcolm with as much snow as I could grab.

"Not if you can't catch me!" Percy yelled, sprinting past my cabin. He was laughing and covered in snow, but there wasn't nearly as many flakes on him as Clarisse, who looked like she'd gotten an entire bucket of snow dumped over her head. Judging by the empty bucket in Percy's hands, that was exactly what had happened.

I payed for my lapse in attention with a snowball to the face.

"Malcolm!"

"Wasn't me, I swear!" He yelled. I swiped snow off my face to see Piper standing on the porch of the Aphrodite cabin, smirking and bundled up in her snowboarding jacket.

"I'm coming for you McLean!"

Soon the entire camp had delved into a snowball war. We divided up by which side of the center the cabin was on and built fortifications stretching in front of our cabins. Unfortunately, Percy was on the other team, but Clarisse was on mine. Pulling my siblings into a huddle, we formed a quick strategy and put it into action. Each camper was put into pairs. One would make snowballs while the other one would throw them.

Slowly, we battered each other's forts down with various strategies. Travis and Conner led the Hermes cabin in throwing snowballs full of prank supplies at us. The Hecate cabin retorted with enchanted snowballs that ended up turning half of the Hermes kids into pigs for a few minutes. They turned it into an advantage and began to run through our snow walls.

Marlie, a younger daughter of Nemesis, started putting ice chunks in the snowballs she made. They hit the other team's walls, knocking holes in them.

Slowly the snowballs coming from our rivals began to dwindle. When they fully stopped, I yelled for our team to hold their fire but be ready to throw.

"They're planning something."

As soon as I said it, the entirety of the other team leapt over their barricades and charged us. Percy made a beeline for me and I leapt over the wall in front of me, yelling for my team to start throwing again.

Reaching Percy, I ducked under his attempt to tackle me and jumped on his back, forcing him onto his face in the snow.

"Ha! I win!" I giggled.

"I don't think so!" He somehow flipped us over and pinned me down. His nose and ears were red from the cold and there was snow in his hair, but he was grinning.

"I love you, Wise Girl."

"Love you too, Seaweed Brain." I pulled him down for a kiss.

--------------------------------------

After the snowball fight, which our team won by the way, don't listen to Percy, the Hecate kids worked some magic and put Christmas trees for decorating in every single cabin.

The Hephaestus kids headed for the forge, promising something in an hour, and the rest of us started decorating. We made some ornaments, sending a group into the city for some store bought ones too.

Percy helped with the Athena tree, then those of the Seven who were at Camp helped with his.

The Hephaestus cabin delivered their surprises at the same time the kids who went to the city came back. Each cabin got a set of baubles in their godly parents colors, and a celestial bronze tree topper shaped like each god's animal.

We got a beautifully intricate owl with it's wings spread wide, and arguments quickly broke out in each cabin over who got to put it up.

"HEY!" I yelled over the squabbling of all the kids standing out in the snow. "How about this. The youngest child in each cabin gets to out the topper on the tree, sitting on the shoulders of the oldest. It can be a tradition!"

After some protests, that's what we all decided on. Malcolm hoisted Anika, our youngest sibling at age 6 onto his shoulders inside our cabin and I handed her the owl.

The entire tree lit up as she placed it on, and I smiled at the ingenuousness of the Hephaestus cabin. We wouldn't have to plug our tree in, and it seemed that it was on a timer.

Percy knocked on the door and let himself in. I could hear the Apollo kids singing Christmas carols outside and through the windows saw kids making runs to the Big House, coming back with large trays of hot chocolate and cookies for their cabins. Malcolm sent Danielle to get our cabin snacks.

"Merry Christmas, Wise Girl."

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Merry Christmas, Seaweed Brain."

[A/N I don't remember if Annabeth is the oldest in her cabin but I'm not changing it!]