Chapter 1

KAYLEE'S POINT OF VIEW

Hi my name is Kaylee Alice June. I'm 16 years old and I live with my brother Taylor, my mum, Hazel, and my dad, Nick. My brother is 10 and my parents are both 44. I love family and friends more than anything else in the world. I like singing, reading, writing and listening to music. I have blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair, I'm 5'8 height wise, I have pale skin and I'm a little on the chubby side. I am from New Zealand, where I currently live. I have many friends but my two bestest friends are Mollie and Sarah. Another close friend of mine is Payten.

Sarah is 17 and has dark brown hair, green eyes, olive skin, she's curvy and is 5'7 height wise.

Mollie is 16 and has black dyed hair, blue eyes, pale skin, she's skinny yet curvy and is 5'7 height wise.

Payten is 16 and has brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin and is 5'7 height wise.

I'm the tallest out of us all but not by much. We are pretty bubbly people but we can all be sarcastic bitches at times. Mollie, Sarah and I get on the best while Payten keeps to herself sometimes.

****

Today is the first day back at school for the last term of the year. We have exam's coming up in 5 weeks but I'm not stressed or worried because I already have all the credits I need to pass level one NCEA.

I get off the bus and walk into school to find my friends. I find Mollie and Sarah at their lockers so I run up to them and give them huge hugs.

"Hey guys! How were your holidays?" I ask excitedly.

"They were good. Didn't do much." Sarah answers with a smile.

"Mine were pretty good, Conner and I went to Auckland with his family and we had an amazing time." Mollie answers with a love sick smile. Conner is her boyfriend, he is 19 but treats Mollie like a princess.

"I'm glad you guys had good holidays. Mine were average but I turned 16 and got my learners drivers licence. I'm pretty chill for this term, what about you guys?" I ask, as we start walking to my locker.

"I'm stressing out." Mollie sighs.

"Me too." Sarah huffs.

"I'm not worried." I comment, shrugging.

"That's because your a brain box." Mollie comments.

"No, I just already have all my credits I need so I'm not worried." I reply.

We stop at my locker and I get everything I need out of it because closing it again. The bell rings and Mollie and I say goodbye to Sarah before going to music class. When we get there I grab my stuff before dropping my bag outside the door. Mollie does the same before we walk into class with smiles on our faces. This is our favourite class.

Richie, Tay, Georgia and Nick are already in the class and sitting in their seats with matching smiles on their faces. Mollie and I take a seat before talking quietly until the teacher arrives.

****

It's now lunch time and Mollie, Payten and I are sitting out in the court yard chatting while eating our lunch. Payten has been acting kind of weird but I just ignore it and think maybe it's nervousness for end of year exams.

"Mike is being really weird lately so we aren't really talking at the moment." Payten explains.

"What happened?" I ask, curiously.

"We just got into a fight because I didn't want to stay at his house one night." Payten answers.

I roll my eyes but don't comment. I really dislike Mike, he's a complete asshole who thinks the world revolves around him when it really doesn't. The feeling of dislike is mutual between us so it's not like it's one sided or anything. Payten knows I don't like him but she also knows I will support her as long as she is happy. Mike makes Payten happy but they have their moments when they get sick of each other.